Is it me or is 11.2 almost perfect?

Without getting totally picky about silly little details, is 11.2 not a very good pat h?

Obviously there is the tactics issue but for those of us who just tweak the 1 tactic and don't swap them round this isn't a problem.

What else is wring with it that is a major problem? When I say major problem I means stops you playing the game?

Believe me I've been quick to moan this year but to me 11.2 is a massive improvement on 11.1 I mean atleast tevez doesn't go for 9 mil anymore and I can sell my crap players!

I think it's great. In my 3 seasons since the the patch I've only come across 1 or 2 niggles. People over react and often most when they are still raging about a loss which makes things seem worse. You've also got to remember that people are more likely to come to these forums to post negatively than positively so the number of happy players is more than it seems.

Actually this patch made the game pretty much unplayable for me. Can't save set pieces instructions properly, and loads of other stuff going on with tactics and match preparations. Silly how you always have to wait half a year for 3 patches before being able to enjoy this game, but gotten used to it over the years. :)

What else is wring with it that is a major problem? When I say major problem I means stops you playing the game?

Dynamic League Rep with managerial reputation is completely buggered which is stopping me undertaking a career save. So that's a pretty hefty gamebreaker for me.

Plus there's several issues with tactics - the "current" repetitive spam, the set piece reset etc.

It's not as bad as 11.1, but it's absolutely nowhere near perfect. 11.3 will be the finished article.

I have to say this thread is more than a little ridiculous. I, personally, am really enjoying the game. I work off the same tactic so that bug doesn't affect me, I tend to quit a game if I get sacked, I barely ever move teams.

However no matter how much I am enjoying it the game is a LONG way from being PERFECT.

The tactics is a minor problem nothing we can't get round.

This makes me wonder if you know what the "tactics problem" is. There are in fact several problems, and no ways to get round them without disregarding the tactics phase of the game almost completely. Which in turn makes the game redundant.

im sorry i rarely slag off SI or FM but the problem with getting higher jobs is a pain and stops people doing careers where they build from the bottom to top.

That's why I found it hard to believe when the following was just suggested.

Well play as a big team don't do a career save game.

oO

It's like trying to start an RPG, and someone coming up to you saying "Don't worry that you can't start at level 1, just cheat and skip to the final level - the game isn't broken!"

How bad is the getting another job problem?

Honestly lads I'm not trying to be an idiot about this I'm

Just saying the game was absolutely awful before now we only have a few minor issues that ee can get around if we desperately Want to play. Believe me I would rather start as Vauxhall motors than Liverpool but for the sake of waiting for one more month to get patch 3 id rather wait and that be the real deal than pester ab push Si now for a hotfix when they will only break something else.

It's like trying to start an RPG, and someone coming up to you saying "Don't worry that you can't start at level 1, just cheat and skip to the final level - the game isn't broken!"

Well no, not really, many managers do infact start at the top, they aren't always successful... It's more like playing an rpg where you are told you can play any race and class so long as it's and elven warrior

What issue have you experienced with this?

I assume he means the one where you are so successful with say, a scotish team, improve their leagues reputation, but are still unable to apply for even championship level jobs without being laughed at by the chairmen.

Well ive noticed a few people have mentioned its difficult to get jobs at the big clubs even if you have a high rep (continental onwards). I am currently continental and applied for jobs like Spurs, Villa, sporting even wolves and half of them where taken by managers whs rep was national and to be honest some of them ive never heard of EG Mark Bowen!!

Say you start off with Semi-Pro rep, unemployed, English nationality.

You can initially take the Hereford job right off the bat if you want to, I applied, got offered the job, but I don't take it - I choose to take a job at African Warriors in the second tier of South African football.

I go through an entire season, exceeding expectations, then resign.

I then apply for jobs. It's at this point, despite having a season of management experience, that I can no longer get a job at an even lesser club than Hereford. Indeed, I can no longer get a job in the South African second tier. The only job I can get is at the newly promoted club of Maritizburg City, a semi-pro club.

To test it further, I then took on an entire season with Maritzburg City, certs for relegation. I finish 3rd, get overachievers of the year, praise from all quarters. I resign...

Same problem. Absolutely no job to be had anywhere in the world :)

I then apply for jobs. It's at this point, despite having a season of management experience, that I can no longer get a job at an even lesser club than Hereford. Indeed, I can no longer get a job in the South African second tier. The only job I can get is at the newly promoted club of Maritizburg City, a semi-pro club.

To test it further, I then took on an entire season with Maritzburg City, certs for relegation. I finish 3rd, get overachievers of the year, praise from all quarters. I resign...

But this has nothing to do with Dynamic League Rep.

What I can say from what you write is that resign might be the least thing to do. I think your problems in finding jobs are related to the resigning thing (which can give you a malus too strong maybe)

Say you start off with Semi-Pro rep, unemployed, English nationality.

You can initially take the Hereford job right off the bat if you want to, I applied, got offered the job, but I don't take it - I choose to take a job at African Warriors in the second tier of South African football.

i wouldnt have said that is anything to do with the league dynamic feature tho, it does appear that playing in the lower leagues holds you back slightly when getting jobs, but i dont think thats because the league isnt dynamically getting better, that takes years and years, so one season in the second division in south africa will have no affect at all on the league getting better or worse.

Whats does seem to happen is the game does not seem to take as much notice of success if you are not in one of the major leagues, this in turn holds you up when trying to get a job, world class rep is also very misleading, you may have a very good rep, in your case in south africa, however your world rep will be very low, the game doesnt seem to show this well at all. I only really noticed this after downloading FMRTE, i have world class rep in scotland, but my world wide rep after 3 leagues and 4 cups in 7 seasons is only around the 6000 mark, big managers like pep are on 9999. Also it seems very hard to break into a new country again due to rep, you lose out on jobs to former players, who may not have the experience but they have a high rep in the country due to their past footballing achievements. A few minor tweaks and i think it would work perfectly. Its much tougher to get a job than FM10. but in FM10 you could win the scottish first division and walk into the Man U job within a year which always annoyed me a bit.

i wouldnt have said that is anything to do with the league dynamic feature tho, it does appear that playing in the lower leagues holds you back slightly when getting jobs, but i dont think thats because the league isnt dynamically getting better, that takes years and years, so one season in the second division in south africa will have no affect at all on the league getting better or worse.

I know that, but I have a hunch that the new addition of the dynamic league rep is the reason for the bug, that's all :)

What I can say from what you write is that resign might be the least thing to do. I think your problems in finding jobs are related to the resigning thing (which can give you a malus too strong maybe)

There's no other way to find a job. You simply don't get offered other jobs at that level of football whilst you're employed at a club, mostly because the clubs you're looking at getting a job at are unwilling to pay compensation to your current club. You can't apply for other jobs whilst still in your current position as you get an ultimatum to apologise or resign from the board. So to move clubs you have to resign then look for a new job.

I'll have to keep an eye on that then. I'm about 10 years into a career game but I haven't moved to a smaller league yet, only to a bigger one.

It wasn't an issue before 11.2, that may be why you haven't experienced it.

There's no other way to find a job. You simply don't get offered other jobs at that level of football whilst you're employed at a club, mostly because the clubs you're looking at getting a job at are unwilling to pay compensation to your current club. You can't apply for other jobs whilst still in your current position as you get an ultimatum to apologise or resign from the board. So to move clubs you have to resign then look for a new job.

I agree this thing needs to be improved in next installment (wanna write in the wishlist thread? :) ).

I'd like someone who already played several season in FM11. If your contract is going to expire, are other teams contacting you BEFORE the expiration?

I agree this thing needs to be improved in next installment (wanna write in the wishlist thread? :) ).

I'd like someone who already played several season in FM11. If your contract is going to expire, are other teams contacting you BEFORE the expiration?

At "big" clubs, yes. At lower league clubs, no, never.

I'm not getting any offers while under contract at all, but I have been able to make two moves to bigger clubs while out of contract.

i dont get many offers, but i do apply for most jobs that come up just to see what happens. Managed to get the newcastle job but they are in dire straits sitting in the bottom half of the championship, had to apply tho they didnt aproach me.

I assume you either started unemployed with International Footballer rep, or you've just left a big club?

Meh, not bothered anyway. Just knocked in a last minute equaliser away to the Kopites, then spanked Spurs 3-0. Life is good.

Is it worth patching from the original version... i haven't noticed any faults yet... ??

Each patch thus far has just swapped one set of bugs for another :) It's personal preference.

The best option is to just play FM2010 10.3.

Hehe, funny. The OP started out saying 11.2 is "almost perfect", 6 posts in and he tells people to " avoid playing career games" on a footy manager sim, 12 posts in and he accepts "the game has a few issues but if one desperately wants to play", they can bear with it... From almost perfect to almost bearable in 12 posts... :p

can you tell the time period? like....your contract would end 31 June and you received offers when?

After leaving Havant & Waterlooville I joined Oxford in December (I'd had other offers earlier but turned them down).

After leaving Oxford I joined Sabadell in July, I jumped at this chance rather than waiting to see what other offers came in.

I assume you either started unemployed with International Footballer rep, or you've just left a big club?

Meh, not bothered anyway. Just knocked in a last minute equaliser away to the Kopites, then spanked Spurs 3-0. Life is good.

no started as pro footballer with Aberdeen in Scotland, i should add i was just ending the 6th season when i applied, got knocked back by sunderland and birmingham before Newcastle gave me the chance.

Cheers Tubey. Like i said no faults as yet.. But i'm sure they'll make themselves known to me. I can always revert back if needed right? any suggestions on which patch is better? Other than playing FM2010 lol :p

As a rough guide, and in my own opinion.

Retail Version: Too unstable, so avoid.

11.1: The transfer system is mental, the jobs system is a bit unstable but not bad, the match engine is fine. If you think Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez moving clubs for under £10m is bearable, consider 11.1.

11.2: If you run the Polish league, you can't run your game. Other than that, it was only available for 24 hours until the hotfix arrived so unsure on other bugs. Avoid in general.

11.2.1: You can't move about leagues as a manager, transfer system is fixed, tactics are a bit messed up and don't save properly, Match Engine is pretty much perfect.

So 11.1 or 11.2.1. For me, they're both insanely crap, so my suggestion remains FM2010 10.3 ;)

Apart from having to micro check my tatics and set pieces down to the smallest detail before every single match, i actually cant get enough of FM11.2.1. Ive also been offered better rep jobs while still under contract (English lower league with sunday footballer rep), but unfortuantly not from a club abroad..

So what if you have 11.2 then your on a

Winner? Because 11.2.1 is messed but not 11.2?!

I played like a season with no problems to be honest on 11.2 thats why I said it felt almost perfect. Honestly didn't release so many people had so many problems. 11.2 has no tactic issue so surely that's the best to use. What else is wrong with it?!

Cheers lads. Sorry about opening post o feel pretty stupid now!

For me, this patch is darn near perfect.

I play as Blackpool, and on 11.1 the game was far too easy, I finished 2nd in the Premiership, and won the league and FA cup. All this was accomplished with minimal changes to personel, and a basic 4-4-2 formation.

I started a new save with 11.2.1 and wow what a difference. I'm currently in 12th and for the first time have lost multiple games in a row. I'm so happy with the results of this patch, and the match engine, I'm not sure I will update to 11.3 when it comes out, for fear the game will be too easy again.

The minor bugs don't bother me, and I can easily live with them. For the first time in years, I'm in love with FM again.

Thank you SI!

This tactic thing is really being made into a bigger issue than it actually is, just don't have team instructions showing when you change and it's fine.

As for the dynamic reputation I'm just playing as my favourite team (the mighty Birmingham City), until the next patch then starting a career save. I'm really enjoying it

Archived