We demand explanations from SI!

Threads like "Show them how many of us..." aren't my favourite but now it's necessary. Maybe if all of the CUSTOMERS, people who payed their money for the BROKEN PRODUCT called FM 2011, write an open letter or at least write their nick in this thread, SI will react like they should. The only "official" news about the horrible tactics bug was posted by beta-tester (without any comment - "there will be no hotfix, next patch will be 11.3). For me SI seems to be cheeky. Someone from the most important people in SI should at least apologise for such a situation and try to explain why they won't fix this GAMEBREAKING tactics bug. SI shows their customers lack of respect. It's a real shame. Everyone who feels like being ignored please write a post here.

Well as a buyer since 97/98 do as I will do,vote with your wallet buy the game(if at all) In February for maybe a third of the price and a playable game,I really am sick of this "mah it does not matter they will play it anyway" mentality.

For me it really has gone to far now just how this game is released in any shape or form just to make the Xmas market.

Sorry but enough is enough.

For those who are asking "what bug?":

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245465-11.2.1-Tactics-goosed

I'm afraid tactics are completely broken with new patch.

It's been said already in this thread. When I change between two tactics (my attacking 4-4-2 and my defensive 4-4-2) the name of the tactic changes, but none of the sliders change at all.

I've tested this out, and whatever I do, even closing the game down and starting up again, only one set of sliders is remembered.

Didn't read anyone having this on the previous version. Makes the game virtually unplayable, because you have to spend minutes before each game moving every slider around to where you want it - rather than just selecting a pre-saved option.

Any tips on how to fix this? Or do we have a 2-month wait?

Individual player instructions for my DCR and my STR keep unticking themselves. What's the work around for this? As soon as i load my tactic all i do is go out of the tactics screen and come back in and they are unticked.

Tactics are ESSENTIAL thing in games like FM. When it's broken, the whole game is broken.

we can say that the tactics are broken or at least they don't work as they should.

That's not the same. Broken is unplayable. Not working as they should with some workearounds, makes it annoying, but not unplayable.

Not gamebreaking of course not but the most irritating bug ever FACT! Its more to do with the fact that we will have to wait for a over a month for something so annoying to be sorted when really it should be sorted much quicker just like the problems in 11.2 were.

That's not the same. Broken is unplayable. Not working as they should with some workearounds, makes it annoying, but not unplayable.

Dear God!

Your stupidity grows more with each post...please stop posting for your own health.

Man honestly I feel sorry for you!

Dear God!

Your stupidity grows more with each post...please stop posting for your own health.

But he's sort of right ^^ It's a major irritation but not a gamebreaker.

I'm not going to defend FM2011 in any way, shape or form, but for the sake of being able to give constructive criticism we should differentiate between the actual game breakers (like the transfers in 11.1, the Poland debacle in 11.2 and the dynamic rep in 11.2.1) from the other numerous superficial bugs.

Dear God!

No need to have a go at someone for sharing a simple and valid opinion in their two posts. I won't deny that many find the issue highly annoying, but others don't and are just as entitled to share their opinion, as you are yours. So cut out the personal abuse.

This issue seems to affect people who use the sliders to change tactics it seems? I've not encountered any issues when switching between saved tactics as yet, but I do use the tactics creator exclusively. Haven't touched the sliders since FM09.

No need to have a go at someone for sharing a simple and valid opinion in their two posts. I won't deny that many find the issue highly annoying, but others don't and are just as entitled to share their opinion, as you are yours. So cut out the personal abuse.

This issue seems to affect people who use the sliders to change tactics it seems? I've not encountered any issues when switching between saved tactics as yet, but I do use the tactics creator exclusively. Haven't touched the sliders since FM09.

I was actually replying to the posters posts on a whole and not in this thread alone,there was an earlier thread were it went down the same route,but you right and I am sorry for the attack but like I said it is not only attached to this 1 thread.

I dislike the misfits who keep saying the game is broking and impossible to play. Just save the tactic once you have it in place and anytime it resets itself just load tactic again, whilst not ideal, this only takes 2-3 seconds each time you do this.

So in other terms Stop Whinging

PS - the game is not broke and it is very much playable.

Gamebreaking tactics bug?

Hmmmmm...I am using the same tactic as Athletic Bilbao in FM10 that I used as Athletic Bilbao in FM11 and I have largely the same results!

Also, most people who complain about tactics don't really seem to use touchline shouts, which work beautifully in my favor.

I must admit that this really annoyed me at first, not gamebraking, but really annoying.

The way I got around it was to set up a starting 11, set the tactics for that team then save the team (not tactics) for example as 4-4-2. I then changed the team formation and tactics and saved the team for example as 4-5-1.

No matter what tactics you have loaded, when you load a saved team, the tactics get over written to the ones you had when you saved the team.

Dear all,

I would like to know other than tactics bug, do there got other major bugs in the patch?

how can we play if tactics bugs occured? do there got any other solution so we still can change the tactics?

finally, should i upgrade from 11.1.1 to 11.2.1? If I upgrade to 11.2.1 any other way to avoid those bugs?

thanks for the response n feedback,

eric

Would love to know the percentage of people who buy the game that actually frequent this forum. And the percentage of people who have taken their game back to shops because they think they have a broken product.

Must be the best selling title because of decent marketing campaigns and hypnotising.

The game has bugs, hardly broken and hardly unplayable. Its unplayable (to some) because of the expectations the individual places on their gaming experience.

Into my third season. My only gripes are to do with features that I think need more expansive development. Bugs I've come across are minor.

I'm obviously not as obsessive and anal as others are. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but my point is - perspective is hardly the fault of SI Games.

While this bug may not be gamebreaking, the manager reputation is, if you start at a lower club and take them from the blue square premier to the premier league and win the champions league and get your reputation to world class there is a bug which means other clubs still see you as 0 repuataion and someone posted that they did this and applied to 27 jobs and got none even in lower leagues!! That bug is gambreaking!!

Would love to know the percentage of people who buy the game that actually frequent this forum. And the percentage of people who have taken their game back to shops because they think they have a broken product.

Must be the best selling title because of decent marketing campaigns and hypnotising.

The game has bugs, hardly broken and hardly unplayable. Its unplayable (to some) because of the expectations the individual places on their gaming experience.

Into my third season. My only gripes are to do with features that I think need more expansive development. Bugs I've come across are minor.

I'm obviously not as obsessive and anal as others are. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but my point is - perspective is hardly the fault of SI Games.

It's a game called Football Manager. There are bugs currently in the game that prevent you simulating the role of a football manager. Therefore, those bugs will legitimately be classed as gamebreaking.

I'm not endorsing the pointless rant of the OP, but similarly I don't think your opinion of "just because I'm not experiencing any problems because I play the game a certain way" is valid either.

My mate still plays FM08 out of the box without any patches. Doesn't even know patches exist, doesn't know bugs exist.

All he does is play as Villa, sign a couple of players, sell a couple of players then play 4-4-2 for a season.

I suspect he is an example of the majority of the playerbase. Not the people on the forums who spend hundreds of hours perfecting every angle of the game.

My point wasn't meant to be as black and white as that.

There are bugs, no argument there. I should have been specific, but stuff like tactics being replicated are not deeming the game unplayable which I've seen countless posts in reference too. I did state it's unplayable to some due to their perspective (i.e. the way they play the game). Like the career issue with jobs. And yep, that would make it unplayable in the long run. But how many times do people need to question SI when we all know by the third patch the game will be near perfect?

If you look over in the tactics forum there are many gamers who are engrossed in training schedules and strategy that are hardly caught up in this particular war of words.

I guess my main gripe is that its ground hog day every year. If people are really sick of 'beta testing' the game on release and waiting for Feb for patch 3 then don't buy it because this is the way it plays out every year. It's not perfect I know. But it's life unless SI update the game every 2 years we're unlikely to see a perfect first release.

Just saying.

My mate still plays FM08 out of the box without any patches. Doesn't even know patches exist, doesn't know bugs exist.

All he does is play as Villa, sign a couple of players, sell a couple of players then play 4-4-2 for a season.

I suspect he is an example of the majority of the playerbase. Not the people on the forums who spend hundreds of hours perfecting every angle of the game.

Ha, you're probably right.... most people are normal aren't they :)

It's amazing how many trolls, daily-mailesque ranters and complainers there are in these forums. Is this game as bug free as we may like? No. That's a given. However, unlike other companies that release faulty code, SI actually do something about it. Stop for a minute and think how complicated a game like this is. SI are under no obligation to do anything to the game once it is released and in the public domain. There is no rights that you can fall back on once you purchase the software, nothing. Yet not only do SI fix bugs, they also create additional content to keep the game up to date throughout the year.

I don't think that's anything to be sniffed at, and people in these forums seem to forget it quite a lot. Have some perspective, guys. Chill and enjoy Christmas.

I think we all respect what SI do and as I said in another thread I never normally complain about a thing because I never normally feel its needed BUT this bug is just so stupid. I don't see how these things get through testing? Re-setting of instructions is just so basic, its not something that should be worried about in a game like this. Most other bugs are understandable but this one has taken the bisquit.

Just gonna get on with it though, its obvious SI aren't gonna do anything about it so may aswell just chill as the lad above says and enjoy Christmas.

Using the 'workaround' for tactics is a pain but it is a workaround. The bigger bug is the manager rep problem preventing mangers from playing career games when starting at smaller clubs. Thats how I like to play FM, so for me that single bug is making the game pointless.

The game is a shambles it has to be said. When someone says gamebreaking it can be different for everyone but it seems that their is some sort of gamebreaker for each and every one of us. I say we all hold off buying FM 2012 til March 2012 til the 3rd patch is out. This game is a joke at the moment.

it needs a fix but yes it can be saved so its just discipline and I'd not say its a game breaker to be honest.

Of course Tha Truth you can do what you like for FM2012. Alternativel sign-up for beta testing so you can find these errors :D

My bug is game breaking all I can do on a match day is holiday since the second patch and hotfix. Prior to this I was happily playing the game, since then my game crashes at the end of games. Regardless if it is a new save or old.

I've also struggled to get feedback.

My bug is game breaking all I can do on a match day is holiday since the second patch and hotfix. Prior to this I was happily playing the game, since then my game crashes at the end of games. Regardless if it is a new save or old.

I've also struggled to get feedback.

EXACTLY what is your bug?

Many of my mates do this too. They never come on this forum, they never look for patches, they just...play. None of them complain about bugs, they just get on with it. Not that I'm saying no one should complain or that bugs are acceptable, but it just shows the difference between casual gamers and the "hardcore" bunch on here. At the end of the day it is only a game and it only only a small inexpensive purchase, I don't see the point of stressing and pulling my hair out to the extent of some posters on here.

Many of my mates do this too. They never come on this forum, they never look for patches, they just...play. None of them complain about bugs, they just get on with it. Not that I'm saying no one should complain or that bugs are acceptable, but it just shows the difference between casual gamers and the "hardcore" bunch on here. At the end of the day it is only a game and it only only a small inexpensive purchase, I don't see the point of stressing and pulling my hair out to the extent of some posters on here.

Exactly its a game after all :D

I would love someone from SI to give some sort of official response regarding this. The silence so far speak volumes..

As i've said many times for me in my game individual player and set pices instructions keep unticking themselves. This is using a single tactic. As soon as i load a saved tactic and come out of the tactics screen and go back in, they have unticked for some players. I consider this to be a pretty major bug and it's a sorry state of affairs when the game cannot perform such a basic task as remembering tactical instructions. What is even more sad is that we have to wait till March for this to be fixed.

I for one will never buy another FM till after the final patch. This should be a lesson to us all and it's just so shoddy by SI that's almost unbeliveable.

+1 to the 'Wait until March to buy FM' shouts. It's the same fiasco every year. We get the game we should get upon release (Data update excepted) after the 3rd patch in March. Why SI don't just release in March I don't know.......... oh wait, I do, it's about a 12 month cycle of grabbing cash for a crap unfinished product.

Seriously, just wait until March to buy FM2012 rather than when it inevitably arrives in October, and save yourselves a heap of frustration and 2/3rds of the cost too.

Alternativel sign-up for beta testing so you can find these errors :D

Hahaha. That's what we all are when we buy the game on release. Bona fide beta tetsers because there is no way in this world that if they had testers with half a brain that these terrible bugs would have made it to final release.

For those who are asking "what bug?":

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/245465-11.2.1-Tactics-goosed

Tactics are ESSENTIAL thing in games like FM. When it's broken, the whole game is broken.

All you need to do to fix this bug is make sure you don't have the team instructions showing when you change tactic.

If you have it on any other screen then it will change with no problems at all.

I get crash dumps at the end of any game. I watch with only commentary, always have leant that way. The whole match completes, last game I tried was a new save as Crystal Palace. Won 6-0 against the reserves, I've given my end of match team talk. It then processes after the game, I can see in my message tab that I have messages in there and before it goes to the Inbox message screen I get a crash dump without fail.

My computer is oldish, but due to my laptop motherboard frying on me and my other computer having an unrepairable hard drive error + cash I'm sticking with my current one. I have however been able to play under the 11.1.1 patch/ hotfix, but since 11.2.1 patch/ hotfix I can't play and as I ordered from Steam I cannot revert back to 11.1.1. So I'm stuck until SI issue a fix basically, but no one from them seems to be answering questions on it at the minute.

I love FM have even got an old form of the game on an old Amstrad that my sister's fella had, and have played the PC version since the CM days. Have never had a crash in over a decade, this game has seen me have constant ones.

Archived