Why hasn't this goal counted?

Just a quick question as to why this goal hasn't counted? Apparently it was offside, I couldn't even complain.

We won the game 1-0 which is all right by me but I really feel I should have been allowed to complain Babacar hasn't got another goal to his tally

No biggy but just wondering as I care a lot about my players stats, would hate for Babacar to lose an award or something because of something like this..

arsenalvwigantvview.png

50-50 call irl. Referees get it wrong all the time, they do in FM too, though not as commonly as irl.

Not really sure why it wasn't brought up at the press conference though.... Perhaps it was overshadowed by something else? Also, you're absplutely sure it was wrong?

It sounds stupid me asking why it hasn't counted because I know the lino got it wrong, fairly obvious to see he's not off imo

More or less i'm wondering why the commentators stated it was offside and why I wasn't allowed to complain is what i'm really intrigued about though.

An apology from the FA at least would have been nice, yeah I'm fussy about controversial decisions :o

When it's a close call like that, I'm usually not so fussy, although it can be frustrating in a tight game. I have recently had a goal disallowed, where my striker was a good yard onside. It was one of those laughable but realistic poor decisions that turn a manager's hair grey. :)

One thing I will ask though...

Pre-second patch, when offsides were replayed in the 3D ME, coloured bars were shown to clarify the offsides. Since the patch, I no longer get them, though I still have the replays. Anyone know if there's a setting to get this back, or has it been "lost" with the patch? I always use the elevated 3D view, but have never touched any of the replay settings.

When it's a close call like that, I'm usually not so fussy, although it can be frustrating in a tight game. I have recently had a goal disallowed, where my striker was a good yard onside. It was one of those laughable but realistic poor decisions that turn a manager's hair grey. :)

Pre-second patch, when offsides were replayed in the 3D ME, coloured bars were shown to clarify the offsides. Since the patch, I no longer get them, though I still have the replays. Anyone know if there's a setting to get this back, or has it been "lost" with the patch? I always use the elevated 3D view, but have never touched any of the replay settings.

I still get them. However, I am using 2D classic. The theme seems to be that when the offside call is right, the blue/red lines are shown. However, when the player is really onside and the call is wrong, it shows the replay without the lines.

I see the 2D classic camera was deceiving me, Babacar for some reasons was holding his hands up in the air like a Y for about 5 seconds for some reason...

And so the ref counted his arm as offside.

Fair enough, never would have known that. I've never seen any of these lines for offsides before though, I don't use highlights, is this why?

I still get them. However, I am using 2D classic. The theme seems to be that when the offside call is right, the blue/red lines are shown. However, when the player is really onside and the call is wrong, it shows the replay without the lines.

I wonder if it's changed between patches then? Admittedly I've only been fortunate enough to have one "wrong" offside decision that generated a highlight because the player went on to score, which was the one I mentioned earlier, but on that occasion I had the coloured lines. Indeed, it highlighted just how wrong the linesman *cough* second official... was on that occasion.

It could have something to do with me changing between key and extended highlights from time to time though.

in that screenshot your #10 was just offisde. However that screenshot is a fraction before the ball was kicked. another screenshot of a fraction after the ball was kicked would be ideal also

Yeah I was going to say this earlier on today but thought it beyond obvious, so I just let it go. ^^

I don't normally complain about anything on FM, but there are definitely problems with offsides in 11.2.

I just had a goal scored against me that was a minimum of 3 yards offside - and didn't get a chance to complain to the press about it - and the referee had a 'very good' game!

The other thing that concerns me slightly is that the GK seems to be allowed to handle quite a few backpasses - anyone else seen that?

I see the 2D classic camera was deceiving me, Babacar for some reasons was holding his hands up in the air like a Y for about 5 seconds for some reason...

And so the ref counted his arm as offside.

If so, then it's an incorrect decision. Arms can't be used to determine offside. Every other part of the body, yes.

Those lines were always a bit inconsistent for me.

Perhaps the #10 is being classed as interfering with play by pulling the #2 away from the ball or the goalscorer.

If he is, then the law is implemented incorrectly. You have to be blocking a line of sight to be "interfering with an opponent".

Arsenalfan7- you know what I'm going to say? ;) Could you upload the PKM to the bugs forum, please?

Perhaps the #10 is being classed as interfering with play by pulling the #2 away from the ball or the goalscorer.

Not under the new interpretations of the offside rule. Actually, that was never supposed to be true, even back before they started tinkering with Law XI in 1992ish.

It's much more likely that the asst. ref. simply looked up too late, saw the player in what he assumed was an offside violation, and lifted the flag. Happens in real life, especially in noisy stadia where the asst. cannot hear the kick while watching the man. It was that very reason that the referee in my first assignment lining a professional game had me on the visitors side of the field, where almost no one was seated, so I could listen and watch simultaneously.

I've generally been quite happy with FM11s offside modeling. Much better than FM10, which was a joke. Now, if we could only get them to program the asst. referee to actually position himself correctly during play and esp. during corner kicks! :mad:

Those lines were always a bit inconsistent for me.

If he is, then the law is implemented incorrectly. You have to be blocking a line of sight to be "interfering with an opponent".

Arsenalfan7- you know what I'm going to say? ;) Could you upload the PKM to the bugs forum, please?

Oh right okay.

Reckon I'm just missing something though here tbh and I've paused it too soon or something by a few fractions of a second

Archived