MAJOR BUG!? Finances

So 4 seasons in just got Havant into League 2.

Up pops up sponsorship for various leagues...

I see Juventus has raked in 192m pound in sponsership.. I thought that was dodgy at first. So I went into their team to see this... look at the wages.

What the hell has happened? :|

wtfld.jpg[/url]

Screenshot is a little on the small side, but I think I can see 700k and 800k a week wages, right?

That's weird ? Are you using an edited data base by chance? Other than that, I'd say its an issue and you should log it in the bugs forum.

It's not just the wages - check the player values. £75m for de Rossi, £160m for Pato.

Yep, only just noticed that aswell! I've reloaded before the start of season to replay it see what happens. The finances are normal atm.

Not only do the wages look wrong, but the player values look out of whack too.

Unless you've used an edited database, or made changes yourself somewhere, then it might be worth raising this in the Football Manager 2011 Bugs Forum. You might also be asked to upload your save game for them to take a look at.

For what it's worth though, I've not seen anything like that in my own save, which leads me to suspect that you may be using an edited database, or have used a save game editor to change things, inadvertently effecting other aspects of the game possibly.

Not only do the wages look wrong, but the player values look out of whack too.

Unless you've used an edited database, or made changes yourself somewhere, then it might be worth raising this in the Football Manager 2011 Bugs Forum. You might also be asked to upload your save game for them to take a look at.

For what it's worth though, I've not seen anything like that in my own save, which leads me to suspect that you may be using an edited database, or have used a save game editor to change things, inadvertently effecting other aspects of the game possibly.

No Heath I didnt use any other database. :) I never have never will, no need to use an editor either.. :)

It seems sorted now.. which is mega weird..

It's not just the wages - check the player values. £75m for de Rossi, £160m for Pato.

no, those player values are set depending on what the club [paid for them when bought. They just change according to form after that. And in regards to sponsorship, players from different countrys = decent sponsorship (shirt sales)

also if you divide the salaries you see by 10 or 9 you will get believable salaries.

case closed Miss Marple.

Sorry, how does that work tho? Its still a bug.

If you are dividing the salaries by 10 you also need to divide those players values by 10, and then you get eto worth 1.5 million, so that dont work now does it?

a 33 year eto worth 1.5m sounds reasonable, that could be to buy out his contract.

ok, fair enough - but along similar lines if you divide all those players by 10 only 2 of them are worth more than 10 million. Currently at the begining of the game there are 12 players at those three clubs worth more than 10 million, it would seem bloody odd for the three biggest teams in italy to have players on average worth about the same as Everton!

3 currently - why, do players values start to climb massively to 150+million in other peoples games?

PS - Im slightly under exaggerating, there are a few players in my game valued at 31-33million

No was just wondering how long u have been playing with you saying its not happin in your game....just hope its a one off error in the op's game. How the hell could these clubs afford to survive with that amount of money being paid on wages....they couldn't. Fingers crossed its a simple skin error or something harmless.

No was just wondering how long u have been playing with you saying its not happin in your game....just hope its a one off error in the op's game. How the hell could these clubs afford to survive with that amount of money being paid on wages....they couldn't. Fingers crossed its a simple skin error or something harmless.

Well based on the 192million a year in sponsorship alone, I think they could actually manage to pay those wages!

Why would this be abnormal? In a market economy this could happen because of a monetary devaluation. As long as the ratio between the costs & income stay the same this wouldn't even be a problem at all.

Though I must admit that it does seem a lot.

Why would this be abnormal? In a market economy this could happen because of a monetary devaluation. As long as the ratio between the costs & income stay the same this wouldn't even be a problem at all.

Players earning £1million pounds a week in 4 years from now!! i hope not....

If in 4 years time the average 'estimated' value of a middling premier league player is about 30 million (remembering in the game players who arent transfer listed go for 3x or more their value) then the average transfer fee would be about 90 million.

Alan Shearer moved to newcastle in 1995 for a world record £15million - its taken the last 15 years for £15million to be come a 'normal' transfer value for middling players - it should take AT LEAST another 15 years before ronaldos transfer becomes the new 'middle'.

No to mention that SI have said many times that inflation is not modded into the game.

All the finances jumped up at once throughout the game... My players wanted over 10k.. and that was alot.. I got given a 45k a week wage budget..

After reloading though it fixed.. and i went back to my 10k a week budget...

It seems thankfully it was a just one of problem. It was a FML moment when it happened just as I got Havant into the football league, just jumped straight on the forums about to cry my eyes out. :D

Thank god for it working now!

Panic over! haha.

I realise I write alot of dots. That needs to stop haha.

I realise I write alot of dots. That needs to stop haha.

I used to do that - I intentionally re-read my posts and limit my self to a maximum one 1 per post...

Just a thought, do you still have a copy of the 'dodgy' save? Could you reload it and try and change the skin and see if it resets back to normal. Would be an interresting test.

I used to do that - I intentionally re-read my posts and limit my self to a maximum one 1 per post...

Just a thought, do you still have a copy of the 'dodgy' save? Could you reload it and try and change the skin and see if it resets back to normal. Would be an interresting test.

haha. Yeah I think I will cut down on it dramatically and start using proper punctuation. :)

Also, I reloaded my old save and it works perfectly now. :S Must of just been a one of bug... Hopefully.

Archived