Flu epidemics

Just curious, has anybody ever had a flu epidemic on their hands as a result of leaving a player with flu to the physio? I generally send them home to recover, particularly if they're not a first team player, but my top scorer is ill before a reasonably big game.

Exactly. You beg the question does anybody ever allow the player to stay with the squad???

If I have a first team player with a flu that will cause him to miss a game I always keep him at the club, and only a couple of times have I then had one other player come down with the flu, and on those occasions it was a Reserve / U18 player who I didn't care about - so I say take the risk, if you are unlucky enough for it to spread, chances are a non-first team player will catch it (especially if you ahve a very large reserve squad like I do)

Usually just keep any important or key players at the club, hasn't caused too many problems (well at least as far as I can remember). I see it the same way as not having a backup keeper on the bench. The benefits outweigh the risks, last time my keeper got injured (probably 6 or 7 seasons ago) in a match I put some bloke on who had good physical attributes, he kept a clean sheet because the defense did their job properly :)

Archived