which keeper is better?

I'd start with Rodríguez and stick with him in the league unless he starts looking shaky, then play Fernando in the cup(s) to get a feel for how he tends to perform. Check the reports for any comments on consistency as well.

The Aerial abilty won't matter if you have towering CBs. I would personally go for Rodriguez though it's a very close call. His mentals win it for me. He is always in the right position and this for a keeper is key. Plus he can pretty much anticipate where the striker is putting the ball before even they do! Though the defence will probably be more organised with Fernando due to his superior communication. Tough dilemma but a nice one to have!

The Aerial abilty won't matter if you have towering CBs. I would personally go for Rodriguez though it's a very close call. His mentals win it for me. He is always in the right position and this for a keeper is key. Plus he can pretty much anticipate where the striker is putting the ball before even they do

Surely aerial ability does still matter? You don't have aerial ability so that your GK can come out and help your centre backs out in the air. You have it so they can deal with crosses. Rodriguez also has low bravery making me think that he is going to struggle a bit in claiming any sort of high ball, especially with his weaker handling.

Also, are you sure anticipation is that important for keepers. I dont really know but I cant imagine it is too much. I thoguh anticipation was more about movement. Basically dynamci positioning. So for strikers getting into the right space before the ball comes, and for defenders getting to the man before he has even been pplayed in.

For a keeper, I can only see this helping in him coming out to get misplaced through balls and things like that. I cant see it helping shot stopping although I could be wrong,

Thanks, everyone... Really tough dilemma for me too... I signed like 6-7 young GKs since season one as a future replacement to Casillas and these 2 are by far the best at their age. But neither one of them is Iker Casillas though...

As for my playing style, I always push high up in the field, so a mistake from one of my defenders and most of the goals conceded from one-on-one. As for my DC, I have a 198cm and 192cm so they are good in the air and I usually see like 2-3 goals a season scored from headers by my opponents....

I personally prefer Fernando but his high rushing out with low acceleration is quite a draw back IMO.

And yes, anticipation is for GK as well... I saw it in the in game hint once...

Personally I always prefer great mental stats on my goalkeeper, if you're in the right position at the right time, you don't need great reflexes :)

Also, great mental stats seems to keep your team from letting in long shots, which is the only way you concede goals when you have a tight defense, barring the odd defensive mistake

Archived