laptop with intel hd gfx card = all text in 3d engine is really blurry :(

i have a lenovo x201s laptop and granted, whilst its more of a business machine, it should be able to run fm with its integrated gfx card. however selecting "low" detail, everything is incredibly blurry, i mean its so bad that i cant even read their names above the players properly and the pitch side banners are just a blur, is this right?? on the laptop it looks like its not running at its native fullscreen 1400x900 resolution which could be a reason why its so blurry??

i also have a desktop machine with a geforce 8800gts (running at 1920x1200 fullscreen) and when going down to low detail, all the text in 3d engine is still perfectly readable..

however "high" detail on the laptop looks a lot better/sharper, but then i'm in flipbook country..

the laptop is using the latest drivers from lenovo and have windows 7 x64 professional installed.

edit: did a bit of googling and seems to be similar to this unresolved problem: http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?t=70541

good thinking, but it was set to the native 1440x900 full screen res as non-3d text ingame was perfectly legible.

after lots of faffing, i found out what it was, the gfx card setting for 3d was set to "performance" and changed it to "quality" and right away i could read the ingame advertising hoardings in 3d mode. ironically the performance of the 3d view hasnt changed at all by doing this so problem solved yay!

Archived