Franky's Blitz Tactic for FM 11

Hi folks, I thought I would share with you my latest creation that I've been working on. I totally missed last years game due to other commitments but am back now so sit back and relax ;). My last tactic was almost two years ago and without wishing to sound like a pretentious p***k, it was and still is to this day the most downloaded tactic on the dugout community with over 9000 downloads. You can check it out here → http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=57758

My new blitz tactic is a regular 4-3-3 that is designed to blitz the opposition. It is a highly attacking tactic, yet is also quite solid defensively. It is built upon the theory of 'attack is the best form of defence'. Your team will have a strong work ethic, pressing the opposition incessantly in order to win the ball back as quickly as possible and then driving forward fairly quickly in order to feed the three hungry strikers. It's a counter attacking tactic that turns defence into attack very quickly. If you're going to try it, please read the instructions below, otherwise you really won't get the results that this tactic can deliver.

My Game

I'm currently playing my Wycombe game. It's the year 2015 and am in my 3rd season in the Premier League. We have a media prediction of 11th and half way through the season have dominated every single game except one (Man City away).

Other than the Spurs game, the opposition were pre match favourites to win. Note how we have dominated the games and the amount of clear cut chances created. This is a real feature of this tactic and is why it's called The BLITZ Tactic!

Formation

formation.th.jpg

How the tactic works

a) Your three midfielders will strive to win the ball back at the earliest opportunity and either spread the play wide to the on running full backs or look to play in one of the strikers.

b) The wide strikers have a triple role. Firstly they act as wingers and will look to drive to the byline and deliver a cross into the middle. Secondly, they will make runs from deep, hoping that the playmaker or one of the wide midfielders can pick them out with a through ball. Thirdly, they will come back and help out defensively, helping to protect the flanks and quickly harrassing the opponent in their vicinity in order for him to make a rash clearance that will be picked up by a team mate.

c) The central striker is the main man in this tactic. He is the focal point of most attacks. He will look to play in the wide strikers or go for goal himself.

d) The full backs play a supporting role and look to feed the wide strikers as often as possible.

e) Defensive corners and free kicks are turned into lightning fast counter attacks. A fair share of goals are scored in this way.

Types of Players Required

Because of the fast paced nature of the tactic, all players except the 3 centre mids need to be quick. The corner routine provides a good source of goals and your central defender who is best in the air needs to be in the dcl position (closest to the left back). If you have any player who is much better in the air than your dcl, feel free to swap their attacking corner/attacking free-kick instructions. The two wide strikers must be super fast as they need to out pace the full back on the outside before they can deliver a cross. The central striker really should be your best attacking player. He should also be quick in order to out run his marker, although you can out of necessity get by with a slow creative striker like Berbatov for this role.

Work Rate (a key attribute for your midfielders) - Due to their maxed out closing down instructions, the 3 midfielders absolutely must have a high 'work rate' attribute. This is imperative because if their work rate is poor, the rest of their game will fall apart, they'll never be happy and their morale and performances will always suffer. I suggest a minimum 15 attribute rating here. All 3 must be hard working, defensively solid midfield enforcers in the Darren Fletcher/Yaya Toure mould. Your van der Vaarts and Scholes's don't fit into this tactic and any such players should be sold and replaced asap. The 2 wide midfielders should be the ones with better attacking attributes than the central anchor man as they will be getting into the box regularly when the ball is coming in from the flanks.

The full backs, other than being quick and having regular defensive abilities, also need to be good crossers of the ball.

Pitch Size

Make sure to have a minimum size pitch as the team's passing style is short and sharp.

Important!! Tactical changes that should be made during/before a game

If you want to avoid conceding and are happy to play out a draw or need to close out a game, make the following changes.....

[1)) Set the tempo slider all the way to the left.

2) Set the 'time wasting' slider all the way to the right.

This will slow the play down and your team will look to retain possession and limit the amount of goal scoring opportunities the opposition are able to create. Obviously, if you do concede and then need to score yourself, you'll need to go back to the original settings.

Keep an eye out on the oposition's formation and if in the last 10-20 minutes they go all out attack (eg 4 strikers), you'll need to move the 'team mentality' all the way to the left (i.e. ultra defensive).

On the other hand, if you're desperate to score in the last 20 or so minutes, set the 'team mentality' slider all the way to the right (i.e. all out attack).

You need to manually set your best long shooter to 'lurk outside area' on attacking corners. He'll look to latch onto any headed clearances that fall outside the box and will usually go for goal with a long shot. If he is taking corners, then set your next best long shooter to this position. Point being that you need a good long shooter lurking outside the area.

Any player who has long shot ability of 16+ and does not have 'shoots from distance' as a ppm, you need to manually set his long shots to mixed.

Some Advice

With regard to your assistant manager's feedback, you don't need to follow any of his tactical advice. I personally feel it doesn't make much difference whether I take his advice or not. If you wish to do what he advises, feel free to do so but your team's strong work ethic is designed to eliminate the need for this. Also, if you have a player sent off then untick the playmaker option and get rid of the central striker.

This is a very high scoring tactic that is designed to create lots of clear cut chances. Please give it a go, once you have the types of players I suggest for the midfield and attacking positions, you will really enjoy using it. Now stop reading, download it and go out and start blitzing the opposition :)

The tactic can be downloaded from the following link ----> http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=72079

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying this tactic with the Verona, Italy, and I must say that is giving me lot of satisfaction while not great players, the game is fluid, and the attackers have many scoring opportunities, it seems to me that you suffer from too many shots from distance happens to you or is it a problem of my team, however good tactic compliments to the creator, hello to everyone and Merry Christmas to all ............... Forum

I'm trying this tactic with the Verona, Italy, and I must say that is giving me lot of satisfaction while not great players, the game is fluid, and the attackers have many scoring opportunities, it seems to me that you suffer from too many shots from distance happens to you or is it a problem of my team, however good tactic compliments to the creator, hello to everyone and Merry Christmas to all ............... Forum

to be honest i my team dont have 2 many long shots. but do have loads of shots

After trying this tacticc in a couple of ongoing saves for a play around and getting great results (Liverpool in 2013 and Fiorentina first season) i decided to give it a go in a new save with Newcastle.

With a totally reshaped squaded (sold as many high earners as possible, and loaned the rest out with minimum 90% wage contribution) i have been very much impressed with the results.

Preseason was a straightforward 4 wins out of 4, then came the start of the season. First 5 results:

Sunderland 0 v 3 Newcastle

Newcastle 2 v 1 Tottenham

Newcastle 3 v 0 Ipswich (Cup game)

Everton 0 v 2 Newcastle

Newcastle 5 v 2 Blackpool

5 wins out of 5, 15 scored v 3 conceded. Every one of these games i have dominated possession, shots on goal and CCC. It is not the hardest run of games ever, but Everton and Sunderland away and Spurs at home are all games Newcastle would be expected to lose.

My team should be ungelled as most are new, line up is:

GK Federico Villar

RB: Rafael

LB: Jose Enrique

CB: Steven Taylor

CB: Olexandr Chzyhov

DM: Cheikou Kouyate

CM: Marroune Fellaini

CM: Milan Badelj

CF: Christian Benitez

CF: Andy Carroll

CF: Vaclav Kadlec

Have brought in some good players (Rafael is on loan, Fellaini cost £10.25m which was raised by selling Barton/Smith/Nolan and converting the wage savings into transfer kitty!)

Be interested to see if it keeps up consistency but so far a big thumbs up.

Midway point in season with newcastle and we sit proudly atop the table after 19 games (ableit 2 pts clear of Man U who have a game in hand!)

So far record is P19 W15 D1 L3 For50 against12

The 3 defeats were all away - against Man City and Chelsea (somewhat expected) and to West Ham (not expected, just one of those games!). The draw was also away to Fulham in a game we should have won.

At home the record is P10 W10 - including turning over Liverpool 5 nil! Away the highlights were beating Arsenal 2 v 1 and beating Man U 2 v 0.

Given the line up i listed above, and the lack of squad depth (my back ups aint up to much - the likes of Sol Campbell, James Perch, Jonathan Dos Santos, Tiote, Danilinho) the tactic is working wonders :)

Carroll is a beast in the central role - 18 goals so far.

Midway point in season with newcastle and we sit proudly atop the table after 19 games (ableit 2 pts clear of Man U who have a game in hand!)

The 3 defeats were all away - against Man City and Chelsea (somewhat expected) and to West Ham (not expected, just one of those games!). The draw was also away to Fulham in a game we should have won.

At home the record is P10 W10 - including turning over Liverpool 5 nil! Away the highlights were beating Arsenal 2 v 1 and beating Man U 2 v 0.

Given the line up i listed above, and the lack of squad depth (my back ups aint up to much - the likes of Sol Campbell, James Perch, Jonathan Dos Santos, Tiote, Danilinho) the tactic is working wonders :)

Can you please upload it mate? Cant get it from the dugout site. Cheers

Frank can you or someone else who has downloaded upload it on another site as I have to be a dugout member to download

thanks

Joining is free, you just give an email address and a few details then follow the link emailed to you then download away.

Thanks for posting this Franky.

I am having a lot of success with this tactic as the mighty Everton. My SC (a regen now nicknamed Gary Lineker) scored 57 goals in 57 games in all competitions, resulting in me finishing 2nd in league (I started using the tactic after about 18 games in) and I won the Champions League and have just won the European Super Cup.

You do concede goals too but you also score a lot of goals too - which is fun!

i have used most of the ideas in this tactic ....along with a few from my own 433 from fm 10

a few tweeks and alterations here and there and im pretty much un-beatable

every game , be it home or away im getting around 60 % possesion and aboput 3/4 times more shots than the oppostion

nearly every game im getting the commantator saying " liverpool look un beatable at the minute " or what ever it says

i realise i am liverpool so its not exactly that hard , but also in my clan game i was near bottom of the table with stockport midway thru season ending with me making the playoffs -loosing the final to cheltnam

this 433 much the same as the one i used last year is the closest to diablo i have used

thanks for the ideas

Hi!

What kind of trainig do you use?

Really liking this so far, I seem to dominate matches, however I still have a huge problem with defending corners/set pieces. This is what I mean:

cornerrr.jpg

They scored their 1 goal from that 1 corner :D The match before that I drew 1-1, again conceding a corner. Basically way over 50% of the goals I concede are from corners/free kicks. It's the same with every tactic though, overall this tactic seems to be great.

This Franky dude has made one post and thats it. Hasnt provided us with anything else
Everything you need to know about the tactic and how to use it is in my original post on the dugout community. However, to answer the questions that have been asked here.......
you use opposition instructions?
I have my assistant manager automatically apply his suggestions before each match.
Frank can you or someone else who has downloaded upload it on another site as I have to be a dugout member to download

thanks

It's only available to download from the dugout community. Come on laddy, a few minutes to register and then you can then download it :)

If you can't get it for some reason, private message me and I'll upload it and send you the link.

Curious mate, it says its for 9.3 patch. Im guessing it obviously works for 11.2 :p
That's the blitz tactic for fm 09. This year's edition is for the current patch released on 16th December (patch 11.2)
work on 11.2.1?
Maybe, maybe not. Works on 11.2 though :)

Thanks for linking. I'll definitely chech this out when I get home. Man I wish it wasn't a classic tactic. I've been wanting to make/use a Barcelona type 4-3-3 and this sounds exactly like what I had in mind. Fast players, hard working midfielders, attacking fullbacks. Maybe I'll try to re-create this with the tactics creator but I've got a feeling I'm not going to create anything this successful.

Hi,

I have made some changes to this tactic.

- changed the shape into a 451 (i like to play with wingers)

- made some changes so the wingers would cut inside (try to recreate your 433)

- changed the closing down

I started the game with aston villa: won 2x the league cup and qualified 2x for the champions league

I went to AS Roma and won the double (media prediction 8)

Now I am Man utd and wond last season the league and champions league

Great tactic, only 1 defeat in 20 matches so far with Margate in conference south second season.

Just missed out on playoffs last season. Best tactic on the forums at the moment imho :)

I'm curious as to why the middle DM is on man marking instead of zonal? If you're up against a diamond formation he will wander off and mark there DM which leaves a huge gap to exploit.

Edit - Well thats strange, I played another match with the original settings for the middle DM against a diamond formation and he's stopped wandering off to mark there DM. I'm completely baffled now.

This tactic really is unbelievable. If it was created by Mr Hough we would be on page 10 by now!

I won the league with Newcastle in the end in season 1 (squad detailed above) and also won the FA cup. Unbelievable with a squad that was mid table class at best.

Since it wasnt really a career game, i quit Newcastle after winning the double and took over at Hearts in the SPL, who had finished 10th the previous season.

After 11 games (one round of fixtures), my record is P11, W10, D1, L0, Scored 23, conceded 2.

Doesnt seem to matter which team, the tactic just works!

I don't usually download others tactics but due to lack of RL time have tested few than I found this one...

I must say that some beautiful football and tons of chances describes this one best. I have very young Liverpool squad but these guys are playing fantastic.

This tactic definately deserves an bump... very well done sir!

have to agree by far the most successful and consistent tactic for fm11.

very important to have the right players especially in midfield.

currently playing as real madrid....and since moving Ronaldo to the SC position he has "BLITZ" the opposition with 29 goals in just 16 games!!!

This tactic really is unbelievable. If it was created by Mr Hough we would be on page 10 by now!

I won the league with Newcastle in the end in season 1 (squad detailed above) and also won the FA cup. Unbelievable with a squad that was mid table class at best.

Since it wasnt really a career game, i quit Newcastle after winning the double and took over at Hearts in the SPL, who had finished 10th the previous season.

After 11 games (one round of fixtures), my record is P11, W10, D1, L0, Scored 23, conceded 2.

Doesnt seem to matter which team, the tactic just works!

i have totally agree with you on mr hough franky tactics are nearly always brill

Archived