Low memory issues

Seem to see the in game low memory warning quite a bit with FMHi. Surprised as I play on iPad although I understand it has less RAM than the iPhone 4. I'm playing with max leagues. Is it the multitasking functionality that's causing it, especially if I've just been playing other games or using other apps?

No problems with memory issues for me. I have an iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 iOS. Earlier I was closing and opening FM quite alot and was using Facebook and other apps while FM was still running.

Maybe as said earlier you have too many things open, turning it on and off will wipe the memory and sort the issue out.

• SI Staff
You need to reboot your iphone (turn it off and and).

Please note that by rebooting your phone Dec means 'hold down the power button for 2-3 seconds, wait for a message saying 'swipe to power off' to appear' and then swipe to power it off and then hit the switch again a couple of seconds later to reboot it fully.

(just hitting the on-off switch just turns the screen on/off and does NOT reboot the device at all)

• SI Staff
Even if i reboot my iphone and load a game, in most cases FMi 11 crashes after a missed call or an sms received.I am sure that it is an issue that has to be dealt with

Could you please let me know the details of the device you're using - iOS version, device type (and generation/size) and I'll try and ascertain whats going on - that shouldn't happen obviously.

• SI Staff
Thank you Marc.it's a 3GS 16GB with iOS 4.2.1 and 9.1 GB free space.

Can I query if you're logged into GameCenter - if so could you try logging out while playing and see if that improves the games stability please.

Thank you Marc.it's a 3GS 16GB with iOS 4.2.1 and 9.1 GB free space.

Hi everybody

I have the same hardware configuration but running iOS 4.01. No problem at all with Internet, Phone, Multitasking several apps together with FMHi 2011 same time! Had not one crash so far or problems switching apps. Maybe a problem with 4.2?

Just for information!

Oliver

Hi everybody

I have the same hardware configuration but running iOS 4.01. No problem at all with Internet, Phone, Multitasking several apps together with FMHi 2011 same time! Had not one crash so far or problems switching apps. Maybe a problem with 4.2?

Just for information!

Oliver

Wow, I have to correct me. The problem is the Game Center! Upgraded to iOS 4.2 and starting to face the same problem. FMHi Crash after Game Center is running and lost connection.

Hope this helps!

Happy new year

Oliver

• SI Staff
Wow, I have to correct me. The problem is the Game Center! Upgraded to iOS 4.2 and starting to face the same problem. FMHi Crash after Game Center is running and lost connection.

I've fixed the cause of this now for the update (available once it passed QA in Jan) - to be honest I'm not certain why it was occurring and it seemed largely random as to which devices it afflicted (its appears to be only some devices/iOS versions it happens upon - but I can't reliably indicate which it is at present; here I've only seen it in an artificial environment on my iPhone4 running 4.2, but I think QA have seen it on another combination); but I've rewritten the handling code for GameCenter and it appears to have done the trick.

In the mean time if you're unlucky enough to encounter this please simply disable GameCenter until you have a reliable network connection or the update is available.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Marc

Archived