Commentary issues

Hi, I had fmi 2010 and enjoyed it however I am having concerns re FMi 2011. The commentary mode does not flow too well. For example all of sudden the commentary will say referee has shown a yellow card, but no name is mentioned. Also there can be 30 mins on very slow mode with no comments at all. And finally the build up has gone you can have suddenly xxx plays the ball into the box, Goal !!!!!

Is everyone else seeing the same issues ?

Thanks

I do not like the excessive corner series which are occuring from time to time. I mean 4-5 in a row approximately every third game?

Maybe you can tweak the game engine a bit so that my strong defender will heads the ball out of the box as well as all time to the baseline?

What do you think?

Just a recommendation!

Merry Christmas Oliver

Hi stgordon

The issues that you describe are being looked at with a view to ironing them out as much as possible for the future. How did you feel about 2010's matches compared to 2011?

David, my view and it's my view is that commentary mode in 2010 was much more informative and helped build and paint a picture of what was happening in the game. 2011 seems much less information and occasionally random. In 2010 as the game progressed much more happened and in the last 20mins if you push forwarded the text increased. One thing that FM offers over it's rivals is that there is a sense of reality and the matches draw you in and give you a feel of control and influence with team selection and positioning. I just dont get that feeling in 2011 currently. One last thing I noted was that playing as Man City in a 442 standard formation my wide players silva and Johnson consistently score 4 or 5 in matches, also I played chealsea away set up balanced mixed , men behind and pressure and I was 2-0 down after 10 mins with no text build up and just Chelsea score !!! I lost 4 -0 Chelsea had 5 shots and I had 2 shots and text was minimal. Hope this helps.

I do not like the excessive corner series which are occuring from time to time. I mean 4-5 in a row approximately every third game?

Maybe you can tweak the game engine a bit so that my strong defender will heads the ball out of the box as well as all time to the baseline?

What do you think?

Just a recommendation!

Merry Christmas Oliver

Merry Christmas to you too, for tomorrow of course.

Marc spends many a long night seeking to improve this sort of thing in the match engine and it should hopefully improve in future updates.

David, my view and it's my view is that commentary mode in 2010 was much more informative and helped build and paint a picture of what was happening in the game. 2011 seems much less information and occasionally random. In 2010 as the game progressed much more happened and in the last 20mins if you push forwarded the text increased. One thing that FM offers over it's rivals is that there is a sense of reality and the matches draw you in and give you a feel of control and influence with team selection and positioning. I just dont get that feeling in 2011 currently. One last thing I noted was that playing as Man City in a 442 standard formation my wide players silva and Johnson consistently score 4 or 5 in matches, also I played chealsea away set up balanced mixed , men behind and pressure and I was 2-0 down after 10 mins with no text build up and just Chelsea score !!! I lost 4 -0 Chelsea had 5 shots and I had 2 shots and text was minimal. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the response.

Back in the days before there was ever a 2D pitch it was imagination that allowed you to picture the scene from the lines of commentary. In some ways it is difficult to match a person's imagination in a graphical pitch and that is probably why I personally play the game without the pitch, when playing on my own game, unless it's a derby or big cup match. However, ideally the 2D pitch should be close to matching what you picture in your mind and that's what is strived for. There has been quite a lot of work done to improve the match and quell the glitches that might have sometimes happened in 2010. This is ongoing and we will always look to improve the game. Your points are noted and will be in our minds.

When you say that wide players are scoring 4 or 5, do you mean 4 or 5 goals or as a player rating?

There are some matches that end with a team comfortably winning but not having had a lot of shots but this shouldn't happen very often in the game. If it did then it would be something we would want to hear about.

Hi corney888 I agree but after reading David's mail I changed settings to zoomed view and the commentary is much better, more commentary and better flow. David is that what you were alluding to in your mail ? I am now much happier with the commentary corney888 maybe you should try that.

Thanks

Archived