Players Injuried on international duty

Isit me or does anyone else agree with wengers statements over the years about, the club pay the players wages, im getting frustrated losing my best player's to international injury, i do feel like setting instructions but i dont see a point as the players will get upset. Does anyone else agree with my point ?

I see your point. I think you can only set instructions with international friendlies. From experience setting it to 45 minutes rarely upsets players, but I guess that depends on the personality of the player. I do think that if a player is injured on international duty the country should pay the players wages whilst they are out. This happened when Liverpool asked the FA for £2mill compensation when Gerrard go injured playing for England not that long ago, not sure if they got it though.

What annoyed me though on one of my saves. Playing with Stockport in League I had New Zealand internationals Rory Fallon and Chris James. In January they went off for a tournament that they progressed all the way to the final in, as they got so far in their competition it finished just before some qualifiers so in total they were gone for over 2 months and missed loads of games. Not complaining although I was a bit annoyed at the time. Can safely say i'll think twice before signing any players from that neck of the woods again!

Archived