Minimum fee

Dont know if it is supposed to be like this but finding it impossible to negotiate the Minimum Fee clause. They NEVER accept any higher fees or removal of it and it is a bit silly because there is no negotiating, just demanding from the player and agents. Anyone agreeing/disagreeing? Playing as AFC Wimbledon in League One.

I've had the same problems with Tottenham, players were asking for min fee release clauses for lower than I was paying for the player, which they wouldn't negatate. Even if I tried to offset it by offering them something else, like more wages or a bigger signing on fee.

This is what I used to do way back on CM01/02 so it is very frustrating that 9 years on it seems negotiating these seem to be immposible.

Buying a newgen from Real Madrid for £9.5m (his release clause) and he will not accept a deal with me unless it contains a £9.5m release clause.

Yes, I want him, but do I want to lose him for the price I paid as soon as he starts scoring? No.

agreed, as psv the only quality keeper i could sign was ochoa and i had to pay 7.25 for his services yet he woudlent accept anything other than 7.75 min fee, out of desperaton a year later i done it anyway hes been superb and ive still got him, gues syou have to take a chance if u want the man that bad

that said providing they dont offer the exact min fee first go, wich is rare as they usually offer around what he is worth...you can always do what i try and take 2 mil, and 10 mil over 24 months meaning ull get a bit more than his min fee its worked a couple of times

I've found similar. If you put the wages down the slightest bit they put the minimum fee they want lower. I have found wacking up the signing on and agents fees a bit can remove it. I've found similar with players and agents not removing the inline with highest wage clause either

I offered a player double his wage, singing fee, agent fee and bonuses that he had asked for, I even offered the player a cut of his next transfer fee and he still refused to drop the minimum release clause. I was buying a highly rated young player for a relatively small amount, there was no way I was going to train him up just so I could pass him on to a rival for a pitiful price, not to mention that I would never recoup the wages I was paying him.

• 4 weeks later...

having the same problem driving me crazy with all clubs ive managed.

example, had a 850k bid accepted for a great prospect my entire seasons budget with mk dons 3 years in, and he wont accept any contract offer that does not have a 850k release fee...

ive honestly no gripes with this years fm, only one i had was players getting unhappy after chats wich has been resolved for me in the patch,

i understand that im a small club and effectively will be a stepping stone for this talent, but its happened to me at cska, psv, dortmund, milan... for me this min fee garbage is very unrealistic.

always wanting it to match teh transfer fee they arrived at the club for

Increase the agent fee and it always work for me. Sometimes, I need to increase the agent fee by a couple of millions for a $20-30M player to make it work.

This has worked for me, but so has increasing the player's signing on fee. Half of my Port Vale team have asked for minimum release fee of 5-15 million and I've managed to get them all to accept 25-30 by increasing the players signing on fee by two to three hundred thousand. They were all regens between the ages of 19 to 22 so I'm not sure if this will work for established or real life players.

Increasing the agent fees last helps I feel. Start it low and bump him up when you are happy with the other factors.

And don't be afraid to walk away. If the deal isn't right financially you don't have to do it. Not everyone has to be Harry Redknapp, bankrupting their side because they can't resist a good new year sale.

Increasing the agent fees last helps I feel. Start it low and bump him up when you are happy with the other factors.

And don't be afraid to walk away. If the deal isn't right financially you don't have to do it. Not everyone has to be Harry Redknapp, bankrupting their side because they can't resist a good new year sale.

You say that increasing fees helps. But I dont want to pay blood money just so he cannot get a silly clause.

but you have to weight up the options, would you rather have the player? If so would you rather spend a bit extra and get that release fee up rather than let him have a low one and risk losing the player cheaply. i would rather give the agent an extra million and add 20 million onto the release fee.

got to be a bug this. i bought adler and lahm on a network game and both refused to budge on their minimum release fees (17.5m & 26m. the same fee i bought them for). then frustratingly my mate pinched both off me the following season just to p*ss me off for the min. fee! again, for him they refused to change their release fees. so the following season after that i pnched them off him for the same fee to make a mockery of it. the game turned into a joke then.

The best thing i've found for this and to reduce the players wage demands is to add the 'team of the year bonus' and set to it's max. Especially usefull for squad players who are unlikely to make the team of the year at the end of the season. And if they do then they deserve it and it proves to be a good transfer.

Archived