Who still uses 2D Classic

Yeah, did on last year's version but now use 2D (not classic).

I prefer using my imagination for player moves and shots etc. instead of seeing a choppy 3D model do it :p

Well said. Thats exactly why I use it. Until the 3D ME becomes a revelation and has some fluidity to it, I'll be sticking with 2D :)

Up until this version I used 2d. For some strange reason on FM10/09, whenever I used 3D I would loose, therefore It was some sort of omen to me.

LOL. I used to think that I would never win on only commetary at one stage. FM can make you do some strange things :p

Actually ever since the 3d view was introduced I never gave the 2d view a second thought. That was until very recently where I’ve once again fell in love with the 2d view, it’s now my favourite view, it’s so much more informative. I find the 3d view I get too distracted with the fancy graphics, plus the 2d view leave a little to the imagination.

Until the 3D match engine is improved drastically, I still love watching the 2D classic view

Exactly the same, I bought a £500 laptop with very good graphics card, running it on high settings for the first time and I was dissapointed. Being out for 3 years I thought the graphics would be better. So I still watch it in the good old classic 2D!

No no good folk, 3D is the only way to go; watching the players tackle, get skinned, nutmeg and do fancy passes all add to the overall enjoyment.

You have to take that deep breath and join us and as SI said whether its 2d, 2d classical or 3d, the ME is the same - so come and join us, be converted, see the light, you wont look back!!!

No no good folk, 3D is the only way to go; watching the players tackle, get skinned, nutmeg and do fancy passes all add to the overall enjoyment.

Personally I feel that watching my FM players run and control the ball like a pack of mentally and physically challenged apes takes away from the enjoyment a bit. Each to their own though, I guess :)

Strange to see people complaining about the 3D graphics, yet preferring 2D :S Confuses me.

I used 2D for tactical analysis right up until FM10, but this year I've been taken in completely by 3D for everything other than very intricate tactical design which calls for me to see the entire pitch at once for defensive lines, full-back runs etc.

Until the 3D match engine is improved drastically, I still love watching the 2D classic view

Does anyone else use this classic view?

Just to add, the Match Engine is identical whether watching it in 2D or 3D. I'm pretty sure you knew that but just thought I'd note that!

Archived