Exiting contract talks makes a player not interested dislike you.

Does anyone else think that is weird? I decided to check it with FMRTE. My offer for a Bulgarian player was accepted, but the player wasn't interested in signing with me. I had to do something to continue, so I chose to exit the contract talks and that made me go from being liked by him in FMRTE to disliked by him.

What are you supposed to do in this situation since the game forces you to do something to continue the game.

Does anyone else think that is weird? I decided to check it with FMRTE. My offer for a Bulgarian player was accepted, but the player wasn't interested in signing with me. I had to do something to continue, so I chose to exit the contract talks and that made me go from being liked by him in FMRTE to disliked by him.

What are you supposed to do in this situation since the game forces you to do something to continue the game.

I think the mechanism is designed for when you waste a players time during contract discussion, or cancel a deal at the last minute. It's very much overbaked though and in the instance you're describing it's quite obvious the player should not be holding any sort of grudge against you.

Report it in the Bugs section.

I had my ass man filter the targets so I figured he'd be interested. Only a day or two had gone by as well so nothing should have changed in terms of his views of my team.

And of course you lose something. You get a permanent hit against you for basically no reason. There was a -20 hit on the like/dislike scale for me. The player is only 17 and I may want him in the future. Why would a player dislike me because I had to break off talks to continue the game when he wasn't even willing to talk in the first place?

If the player isn't willing to discuss a contract there is no logical reason why the user should be punished. I don't remember this problem existing in the previous patch because when this would happen you'd simply hit the back button and the text in the email would change to something like "the player wasn't interested in discussing a contract" or something similar and you could continue. Now it won't let you continue until you respond.

The assman really isn't the point. Besides, even if you scout a guy it may say he "might be interested" or something like that and then he won't even listen to an offer.

Either way, the manager shouldn't take a hit because the AI player doesn't want to discuss a contract.

Archived