Stadium Names - Choices

I don't know if this ever got implemented (not bought FM11) but there was a fantastic suggestion a while back that when a new stadium is constructed that you can either name the stadium yourself, pick from a list of different options, or at the bare minimum there is more variety to the automatically generated stadium names.

I'm on FM09 and in 2047, and nearly every big club is now at a newly built stadium called "<favourite player/manager> Arena"

Would love some more variety...

Great suggestion, would love this. "We're constructing a new stadium and would like it to be named after you, here are our suggestions ..." or something like "We would like to honour a club legend and name our new stadium after him, which name do you think is best" Just gives more variety.

I would like them to ask me if I want it named after me.

I also think the AI teams choices are ridiculous. Zola Park, every time. How many clubs play at a stadium named after someone who is still involved in football?

Would United ever call a stadium the Ferguson Arena, the Busby Stadium? No, never.

A more generic name might suit, with stands named after legends/icons.

So you would have the United Arena, comprising of the Feguson, Busby, Cantona and <MAIN SPONSOR> stands.

Are there many stadiums named after players in the real world???

I know some owners call the stadiums after themselves but is FM far too biased towards ex-players/managers compared to real life examples?

Are there many stadiums named after players in the real world???

I know some owners call the stadiums after themselves but is FM far too biased towards ex-players/managers compared to real life examples?

Santiago Bernabeu and Guiseppe Meazza spring to mind. But yeah, it's far too common in FM.

I still remember on FM2007 (I think, or possibly 08), I signed Park Ji Sung for Sunderland and he became a club legend. From memory he retired with something like 550 appearances.

Well anyway, the season before he retired we got a new stadium built which was named Ji Sung Park.

Officially the best name I have ever seen for a stadium in FM.

Archived