Sooo annoying when a youngster improves their Pens or Free Kickss

Yeah, the one that really bugs me though, forwards improving their tackling, long throws etc and defenders improving finishing etc, it just bugs me because it is of no use imo, it's probably realistic though, I highly doubt players stop themselves from becoming a better tackler etc

So yeah, annoying but probably realistic.

Is there anything you don't complain about in this game? Seriously anyone would think you are bring forced to play the game. It is just that, a game, if it gets you so uptight can I suggest a less demanding hobby? Knitting for example, or maybe meditation.

As the person above said, many of the side attributes don't take up much pa, just be grateful they are improving.

Yeah, the one that really bugs me though, forwards improving their tackling, long throws etc and defenders improving finishing etc, it just bugs me because it is of no use imo, it's probably realistic though, I highly doubt players stop themselves from becoming a better tackler etc

So yeah, annoying but probably realistic.

I take off all defending training for Strikers, and take off all shooting training for defence.

The defence might get a bit less composed, and the strikeforce might lose concentration, But I dont care too much if they improve their core attributes a bit more

Never trained have you?

You can't 'pick' what to improve. Improvements just happen.

Yes, Beckham practiced free kicks a lot, but are you telling me players don't improve in areas without trying?

Forget PA and CA and try to enjoy the game. Or at least tell yourself that the attrib was always going to increase.

You now have the individual training focus to acclerate improvements in certain areas.

Im guessing Sheva never gets out much, let alone do training..

Sheva have you ever watched a single football game in your life? Because the way you veiw anything to do with football is just wrong, get out and play some football, go and watch some actual football matches..Do something with your life, rather than just moan moan moan..Your worse than an old woman..

If you dont want realism, go play fifa :thup:

If memory serves (and the table I'm thinking of was correct), fringe attributes like free kicks or penalty taking consume very little, if any, ability points, depending on the player's position.

That's true. I actually love having a striker with good tackling, or a tall striker with good marking. Some of you guys seem to be unaware of the 'free attributes' system.

Im guessing Sheva never gets out much, let alone do training..

Sheva have you ever watched a single football game in your life? Because the way you veiw anything to do with football is just wrong, get out and play some football, go and watch some actual football matches..Do something with your life, rather than just moan moan moan..Your worse than an old woman..

If you dont want realism, go play fifa :thup:

Please don't pick on users in this way if they have an... unconventional posting style.

That goes to everyone really- judge a thread on its merits, not whether the OP has created a lot of threads lately.

You'd end up with Defenders with a one for everything apart from the core Defensive attributes - it just doesn't happen like that in real life and therefore FM doesn't work like that as it mirrors more closely the sort of skill development you'd see in real life

As I mentioned in another thread I think you really need to understand football in real life and see how FM is trying to simulate this. i believe you are thinking more along the lines of an RPG such as the fallout series where you can choose where extra skill points are given.

I can understand how someone might find it annoyong but in understanding how the game works its simply simulating how football players may develop in the real world

Why are people trying to critisize my football knowledge?

I haven't said it was unrealistic. I said it was annoying...

Because you have stated that you know better than 99% of FM players. You are very cocky and have put people on the defensive.

So, if you aren't saying it's unrealistic you admit that it's realistic? Yet you still complain because it's 'annoying'?

The forums aren't a microblogging site for your FM life.

Oh, and all this core attributes stuff is rubbish.

A ball playing centre back who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and can pick a pass - you see this as a problem, whereas others say "Beckenbauer, one of the best defenders of all time"

Someone like Tevez will have high defensive attributes, but is he not lauded as a centre forward who does far more than just attack?

Oh, and all this core attributes stuff is rubbish.

A ball playing centre back who is comfortable with the ball at his feet and can pick a pass - you see this as a problem, whereas others say "Beckenbauer, one of the best defenders of all time"

Someone like Tevez will have high defensive attributes, but is he not lauded as a centre forward who does far more than just attack?

Agreed - This is the reality of how players develop and indeed how specific players develop and this is how its simulated in FM. We could also mention Roberto Carlos and his long shots and free kick taking abilities...it goes on.

This understanding of how football is in real life needs to be appreciated to some degree if Sheva is to avoid some of the issues as he sees them

Because you have stated that you know better than 99% of FM players. You are very cocky and have put people on the defensive.

That's not my fault is it.

I make a tongue in cheek comment as anyone vageuly sensible would realise. And then I just get a load of people going "OMG! You don't understand football!" Jokers.

@ everyone who decided to dump on the OP in this thread:

Did Sheva complain about the game? Did he indicate he thought it was wrong that this happens? Did he even so much as hint that he was doing anything other than venting his annoyance with the fact that he wanted A to happen and B happened instead?

Respond to the post, please, people. Argumentum ad hominem rarely serves a useful purpose. :)

Fortunately, as has been noted, in the case of your youngster developing a skill you didn't need him to develop, like PKs, you can console yourself that it doesn't really use up much of his potential. :)

That's not my fault is it.

I make a tongue in cheek comment as anyone vageuly sensible would realise. And then I just get a load of people going "OMG! You don't understand football!" Jokers.

In fairness Sheva i thought this a joke but in relation to some of your postings if you re-read them you may understand why people think you may be in the 1% group regarding those who do not understand football

You clearly dont understand football though..You post "your problems" on here, yet you fail to listen to any sound advice given to you! All because you think you know right, when its clear for anyone else to see, you actually dont..

I never get any sound advice. All I get is POST A LEAGUE TABLE! or Did u watc city -everton the ova day! City dominated but nava won! it happens in real life! or the favourite of mine, play another game, FM is too hard for you.

Do you lads not have any social interaction in real life?

It's not a joke. It's just a musing. Like me saying "It's pretty annoying when you can't find your keys" on some keys forum. I don't then expect a load of nutters to start saying how I haven't got a clue about keys, and how it is perfectly realistic to lose keys sometimes and how I should stop using keys.

Some of you guys seem to be unaware of the 'free attributes' system.

Can't we just have an "Advanced In-game Dynamics" sticky topic where the most common grievances are addressed and explained with sufficient details so even the most curious (or anal) players can try to understand how the game really works. And live with it?

Do you lads not have any social interaction in real life?

It's not a joke. It's just a musing. Like me saying "It's pretty annoying when you can't find your keys" on some keys forum. I don't then expect a load of nutters to start saying how I haven't got a clue about keys, and how it is perfectly realistic to lose keys sometimes and how I should stop using keys.

I think the "key" Sheva is that its a forum. If you post things people will be honest and post their thoughts back about what you put in the op

In terms of Social Interaction I have been over trained in the Pub attribute. A result of this is that I haven't really developed my leg muscles. Over the course of a "session" in the pub my training means I can drink very quickly and have the stamina to keep going. Toward the end of the night carrying all the beer in beer belly seems to affect my weak legs and they get wobbly. In these instances I find I have no chance of scoring when I get home despite have high attributes in these areas. Had I a more thoughtfull manager I would have developed my defensive abilities and been able to say no to the "one more pint". As a result I'm sure I would have a better conversion ration when one on one with a clear cut chance of scoring. So despite have high attributes in one specific area its important that these are balanced since in the long run I will be more successful

Archived