Just can suss out fm 11 or have any fun with it :( ?

Ever since i started playing fm11 till now not once have i had a good save going :( don't really know why whether its the new game in all or the way you have too pick a players playing style for example ( striker advanced, complete forward, defender limited, cover etc etc ) all of these could be my problem

anyone have any sort if ideas too help me out here or i could be back too fm10 :\ ?

or the way you have too pick a players playing style for example ( striker advanced' date=' complete forward, defender limited, cover etc etc[/quote']

Forgive me if I'm wrong but weren't these in FM2010, not sure if it's changed in any way for '11 as I'm yet to play the new game, hoping to get it for xmas!

To be fair, previous FMs had this but it wasn't so obvious. Player instructions were there and you would set whether you wanted your striker to hold up ball or run with ball, etc. So I would say in the past i always picked players to suit roles anyway, like playing a big and strong striker with a short and quick one, and giving them instructions to make them play as a target man / poacher combo.

FM10 and FM11 have these roles set to guide you now, so it makes it much easier than in the past.

Ever since i started playing fm11 till now not once have i had a good save going :( don't really know why whether its the new game in all or the way you have too pick a players playing style for example ( striker advanced' date=' complete forward, defender limited, cover etc etc ) all of these could be my problem

anyone have any sort if ideas too help me out here or i could be back too fm10 :\ ?[/quote']

I've found picking players style a problem, but i think it takes time for players to get used to it tbh. I've found there's no use in constantly tinkering with a players style. Just stick with a system and over time the players with become accustomed to it.

Don't worry mate, I think it's a fairly common problem. When I first started (FM 2010) I had a hard time with the tactical side myself. While there is a lot of help (for example, when selecting roles highlighting the 'useful' attributes) it can be difficult for a novice of football tactics to fully understand the roles and the interactions. Decisons such as to play one, two or three strikers up front, the roles of the midfielders , the use of defensive midfielders, whether you should have wingers or wide midfielders... They are extremely tough. For myself, I started with a simple 4-4-2 as it seems to be the most simple of all the formations. More recently, however, I have experimented with a diamond formation, changing the flat midfield of 4-4-2 into one with an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder which seems to help with attacks up the middle. However, I still haven't experimented much with playing without wingers. The idea scares me and I don't know why. :p

My best advice is to practice and perservere. Maybe try playing with a very strong team so you can be fairly sure it isn't your players that are the problem. In my saves, I tend to play Newcastle (uh-oh) or smaller division Scottish clubs (bigger uh-oh) which makes it harder to get into the tactical swing of things. :p

But don't give up. Keep plugging away. It gets enjoyable, especially bringing small clubs into continental dominance (Go Toronto FC!)

Don't worry mate, I think it's a fairly common problem. When I first started (FM 2010) I had a hard time with the tactical side myself. While there is a lot of help (for example, when selecting roles highlighting the 'useful' attributes) it can be difficult for a novice of football tactics to fully understand the roles and the interactions. Decisons such as to play one, two or three strikers up front, the roles of the midfielders , the use of defensive midfielders, whether you should have wingers or wide midfielders... They are extremely tough. For myself, I started with a simple 4-4-2 as it seems to be the most simple of all the formations. More recently, however, I have experimented with a diamond formation, changing the flat midfield of 4-4-2 into one with an attacking midfielder and a defensive midfielder which seems to help with attacks up the middle. However, I still haven't experimented much with playing without wingers. The idea scares me and I don't know why. :p

My best advice is to practice and perservere. Maybe try playing with a very strong team so you can be fairly sure it isn't your players that are the problem. In my saves, I tend to play Newcastle (uh-oh) or smaller division Scottish clubs (bigger uh-oh) which makes it harder to get into the tactical swing of things. :p

But don't give up. Keep plugging away. It gets enjoyable, especially bringing small clubs into continental dominance (Go Toronto FC!)

As I said earlier, surely having the roles makes it easier than previous versions where you had to do it blind?

If we had the tactics wizard in it's current form in all previous versions of FM and then it was taken away, surely that would make the game much harder?

Archived