Complacent against lower opposition...

In my "backroom advice" I was told my Arsenal side are complacent against lower opposition.

Well I looked at my tactics and thought how I could at least try and prevent this, the only thing I could think of was maybe changing my "starting strategy" to "control" maybe. But I doubt that will make a huge difference.

I'm guessing it comes down to mental tactics and attributes. Like team talks and pre-match conference's maybe. If so, what should I say?

Any advice?

Much appreciated

:)

to add a few ideas that robin hasn't mentioned, i look at the pre-match odds. if your team are heavily favored there's a chance that the squad may take the opposition a tad too lightly. if so, then i would go with the team talks that robin suggested. i take it a step further. i check my team's motivation occasionally during the first half to see if they are into the game or just going thorough the motions, and give them an appropriate personal talk at half time. if i check my team's motivation after halftime and see that players are still looking complacent, i sub them off if i can. i also look at a players' determination stats when choosing who will play, as the more determined players are less likely to become complacent. as an aside, picking the most determined players usually helps me beat teams i'm favored to lose against.....hope this helps.

Archived