I wish I could explain to the fans or players why I let someone leave

I'm Liverpool, and am in July after my third season. I've just sold Torres for £25 million(I know I could have got more, but I have enough cash and I wanted him to go and wanted the cash up front. I brought in Dzeko on a Free beforehand, to replace him. For me Torres was injured far too often, he's spent roughly 1 third of the game injured. And when he plays, while he's been quite creative, he doesn't score enough for me, he misses so many chances I've got frustrated with him. II w think the fans would understand those reasons, and even if they didn't, I'd like the chance to explain my decision.

Also, Gerrard is now furious with me. I wanted to tell him that I'd brought in Dzeko to replace him, but I couldn't see an option for that.

Yeah, I'm expecting my fans to have a fit when I let club legend Robin Van Persie leave on a free in summer because he's 32, declining and backup and his agent expects me to pay him £82,000 a week for the next few years.

It's one of those things though that we on fm just have to do deal with

Just because you have signed Dzeko I can't see why you would discard Torres, why not play them both together? Or if you play a lone striker then play them in rotation or keep Torres as your backup? You never know when Dzeko will get injured for 4 months...

Just because you have signed Dzeko I can't see why you would discard Torres, why not play them both together? Or if you play a lone striker then play them in rotation or keep Torres as your backup? You never know when Dzeko will get injured for 4 months...

I was only signing Dzeko as I wanted to get rid of Torres. I play a lone striker with a super talented midfield, and I'm not comfortable rotating. I like having a player play as many games as they can in a row. Plus, I was sick of Torres's injuries, he's one of the most injury prone people in the game. I've got Lukaku and Baston who can play there, I can play Ronaldo there(Transfer bug, I'll admit I took advantage) though I like him on the wing. I wanted Torres gone.

I want toilet ashaven and roziski (sorry spelling) as they are earning 4 times what my young midfielders are earning and are playing half as many games. But I got so much grief from the fans when I let diaby and doruo go that I don't dare even put them on the transfer list.

Both of them won't sign more than a 1 year extension and they both want a payrise each year and about half a million signing on fee. I wonder if it's just best to bite the bullet and let both of them go in the same year, rather than drag it out longer.

It happens in the lower leagues as well.

In League 2 I sold a 2 and half star rated backup teenaged AM/SC for £110k and replaced him with 3 SCs on frees. One is now the clubs top scorer this season, one is on loan to a feeder club and has scored a hatful with a 7.5+ average rating and another is a decent backup target man. Yet despite that the fans are unhappy at losing a player who barely made 12 appearances the previous season in the BSP.

Yea i think there should be options to talk to the press on players about why you let certain personell.

Think some higher up has mentioned this; if you view an offer then accept it you can give a reason there. Although if your case I don't think injury prone and/or not enough goals is one of those options anyway!

Price also has a big factor to play.

I bought a top, top Brazilian youngster for £40m. 3 years and 50 league goals later I sold him to Man City for £45m. He was favoured personel but the fans did not seem to mind at all.

I also sold 2 other favoured personel - an old CB rated at £7.5m for £13m and a striker valued at £6.5m for £14.5m - the fans thought both of these were fantastic pieces of business.

I also sold the best left back in the world. I bought him at £15m at 19, sold him for £41m at 23 to City. The fans LOVED this decision.

Price also has a big factor to play.

I bought a top, top Brazilian youngster for £40m. 3 years and 50 league goals later I sold him to Man City for £45m. He was favoured personel but the fans did not seem to mind at all.

I also sold 2 other favoured personel - an old CB rated at £7.5m for £13m and a striker valued at £6.5m for £14.5m - the fans thought both of these were fantastic pieces of business.

I also sold the best left back in the world. I bought him at £15m at 19, sold him for £41m at 23 to City. The fans LOVED this decision.

This explains why they are always disappointed when I let average players leave on free transfers, and Ryan Babel for £2.5m. To be fair, his contract was up in 6 months so I think it was good business for someone who wasn't anywhere near my first team. But they held it against me for ages.

Archived