Park Ji Sung

Is he always on the transfer list at the start on your game ?

I only ask this as he is every time on my games and listed to backup to the team which isn't true is it as he is seen irl as a very important player to Fergie. Is this down to the researcher or just the game ?

I think its down to his rep being too low. Its the same for Rafael. He's always in the reserves but Fabio is in the first team. Its obvious to anyone that knows anything about Man Utd that Rafael is more of a first team player than Fabio at the moment.

His name is Park Ji Sung. In Japan, surnames come first. It really annoys me when commentators are like, 'Its Ji Sung Park.' You can't just rearrange someone's name just because they live in a different country; when Arsene Wenger was a manager in Japan (with Albirex Nigaata, I believe. Not sure about the spelling), he was not known as Wenger Arsene.

His name is Park Ji Sung. In Japan, surnames come first. It really annoys me when commentators are like, 'Its Ji Sung Park.' You can't just rearrange someone's name just because they live in a different country; when Arsene Wenger was a manager in Japan (with Albirex Nigaata, I believe. Not sure about the spelling), he was not known as Wenger Arsene.

Huh, what has Japan got to do with anything.

He's South Korean

Clearly my lacking knowledge is showing here, because I'm clueless

i tihnk park is underated on the game, particularly in the technical department, but this is a data error. Arsenal seem to always overachieve and Man Utd underachieve, maybe that says something about the researches for these clubs not getting something right

Technically it's 박지성, surely?

And here's the thing - it's Romanisation, and there is no single "correct" way of Romanising names from different alphabets. Is Arshavin's name Andrey, Andrei or Andriy.

So no, it's not incorrect - most Korean and Chinese names are written this way in the West and the East (Cha Du-Ri, Dong "Legend" Fangzhuo, Ahn Jung-Hwan, Kim Jong-Il, Lin Dan).

He's not really a bit part player he plays in most games it's just Fergie uses a constant rotation policy so he won't start every game. But he is certainly a very important player to United Fergie has said so many, many times before and just recently.

i tihnk park is underated on the game, particularly in the technical department, but this is a data error. Arsenal seem to always overachieve and Man Utd underachieve, maybe that says something about the researches for these clubs not getting something right

Don't blame the researchers, they just provide numbers, its which team makes better use of the ME, which in the last few years has often been Arsenal. :)

I can only LAWL at the lecturing tone of this individual who then makes a very fundamental mistake of his nationality. Being of Asian descent myself, it is quite amusing.

I can only LAWL at the lecturing tone of this individual who then makes a very fundamental mistake of his nationality. Being of Asian descent myself, it is quite amusing.

Whats even more amusing is the fact he not only messed up about Park's nationality but also the club Wenger managed. I suspect he's hid in a corner somewhere facepalming himself.

I love it when people try to be smart and correct people and then FAIL

Park Ji-Sung always starts off transfer listed. It quite often happens to Gary Neville too. Manchester Utd are just really bizarre on FM. Right from the off, the AI Alex Ferguson sets out on a mission to fill the squad with 29 year olds without so much as an international cap between them. I think is why players like Park are transfer listed straight away. As back-up players, they're first on the chopping block as Fergie raids Genoa for a left winger who's facing 30 and once played for the Italy U-21s.

Park Ji-Sung always starts off transfer listed. It quite often happens to Gary Neville too. Manchester Utd are just really bizarre on FM. Right from the off, the AI Alex Ferguson sets out on a mission to fill the squad with 29 year olds without so much as an international cap between them. I think is why players like Park are transfer listed straight away. As back-up players, they're first on the chopping block as Fergie raids Genoa for a left winger who's facing 30 and once played for the Italy U-21s.

Don't question Sir Alex, he's buggy as hell. He signed Bebe for $7 million, didn't he?

I bet it's because Park has to compete with Nani, Valencia, Obertan and Bébé who all play his position. He's obviously better than both of Obertan and Bébé, but he's probably the one getting transfer listed because they're talents, and can become better than him.

Pretty much the same reason why Rafael is in the reserves, and Fabio not. Rafael has O'Shea, Neville and Brown to compete with, whereas Fabio has Evra and O'Shea at a stretch. Rafael has only recently become first choice IRL, so Nick (the researcher) has probably rated Rafael slightly worse than O'Shea and Brown because they would've been ahead of him until recently.

Edit: I.e. it's not because Park and Rafael were rated badly at all, more because the game doesn't recognize them as being of much use to the team with all the other players around as well.

His name is Park Ji Sung. In Japan, surnames come first. It really annoys me when commentators are like, 'Its Ji Sung Park.'

I thought this, during the 2002 World Cup commentators called him Park Ji Sung then when he moved to Man U, everyone's called him Ji Sung Park since. I call him Park Ji Sung which causes arguments down the pub

Thank god someone else has noticed!

By the way, for I think the first time ever, I've used Park, and he's actually been one of my best performers

I bet it's because Park has to compete with Nani, Valencia, Obertan and Bébé who all play his position. He's obviously better than both of Obertan and Bébé, but he's probably the one getting transfer listed because they're talents, and can become better than him.

Pretty much the same reason why Rafael is in the reserves, and Fabio not. Rafael has O'Shea, Neville and Brown to compete with, whereas Fabio has Evra and O'Shea at a stretch. Rafael has only recently become first choice IRL, so Nick (the researcher) has probably rated Rafael slightly worse than O'Shea and Brown because they would've been ahead of him until recently.

Edit: I.e. it's not because Park and Rafael were rated badly at all, more because the game doesn't recognize them as being of much use to the team with all the other players around as well.

One of the researchers said that they couldn't choose who was transfer listed, it was the game making choices on reputation.

Maybe that could be why Rafael is in the reserves and Fabio not, if Fabio has a higher rep then the game could see him as 'better' and that Rafael is not good enough for Utd and transfer lists him. Just my thoughts :)

One of the researchers said that they couldn't choose who was transfer listed, it was the game making choices on reputation.

Maybe that could be why Rafael is in the reserves and Fabio not, if Fabio has a higher rep then the game could see him as 'better' and that Rafael is not good enough for Utd and transfer lists him. Just my thoughts :)

Well surely Park's Home Rep must be sky high?

They definitely can't. Just like we can't by using the editor.

Could be, but I doubt Fabio has a higher rep than Rafael. Maybe Rafael hasn't got a high enough rep to make up for the number of rivals for his position, though.

Well surely Park's Home Rep must be sky high?

I'm not sure, just my suggestion after a researcher said it was based on rep. Maybe his home rep's high, in England it's average? I dunno :/

Could be, but I doubt Fabio has a higher rep than Rafael. Maybe Rafael hasn't got a high enough rep to make up for the number of rivals for his position, though.

Yeah probably, that makes sense.

Technically it's 박지성, surely?

And here's the thing - it's Romanisation, and there is no single "correct" way of Romanising names from different alphabets. Is Arshavin's name Andrey, Andrei or Andriy.

So no, it's not incorrect - most Korean and Chinese names are written this way in the West and the East (Cha Du-Ri, Dong "Legend" Fangzhuo, Ahn Jung-Hwan, Kim Jong-Il, Lin Dan).

The South Korean government adopted a new system of Romanization for all street signs and stuff before the 2002 world cup. If that was followed he would be called Bak Ji Seong. Just a though. Park Ji Sung sounds better lol.

On the naming conventions front I don't see the issue it happens all the time, my Id card has my name and date of birth written in an Asian name order as do my paycheques. Simply because it fits in with the convention of everyone else, computer systems used etc, generally makes it easier for everyone concerned. My bank card doesn't even have a name on it as they have no facility with my bank to deal with people who don't have Chinese names.

It's not just Asian/Western issues either, look at Finidi George who changed his name to the other way around in Europe, Kanu also until he moved to the UK and presumably discovered than Nwankwo was just going to get made fun of and decided to just use one name.

Let's be honest here he looks way out of his depth.

He's played no first-team football before. Nobody is expecting him to jump straight into the first-team. It took Cristiano Ronaldo a year-and-a-half to bed in to English football properly - why not give Bébé a similar amount of time?

just a heads up. Park Ji-Sung actually started his professional career at Kyoto Purple Sanga. so maybe thats why the carnivorous badger was going on about proper naming. as for bebe, i did a bit sleuthing, and he actually represents similar qualities to one alan shearer. it sounds crazy i know, but i have a lot of faith in him :)

Let's be honest here he looks way out of his depth.

Have you seen him in the reserves? Thought not :rolleyes:

For a guy who had never played one first team game at a decent level and moved to one of the best and biggest clubs in the world, he's not done too bad. Every game apart from West Ham ive been impressed with him when he has played. And you can hardly use the West Ham game against him seeing as me and my mates could have played that day and been better than United.

If your a typical armchair fan who expects a goal every time you press the red button on your sky remote then yes, "he looks way out of his depth". If you actually have realistic expectations of a player, watch the games properly (preferably live) and think of where he has been and how much he has improved in only a short space of time then he's not done too bad and can only get better.

Have you seen him in the reserves? Thought not :rolleyes:

For a guy who had never played one first team game at a decent level and moved to one of the best and biggest clubs in the world, he's not done too bad. Every game apart from West Ham ive been impressed with him when he has played. And you can hardly use the West Ham game against him seeing as me and my mates could have played that day and been better than United.

If your a typical armchair fan who expects a goal every time you press the red button on your sky remote then yes, "he looks way out of his depth". If you actually have realistic expectations of a player, watch the games properly (preferably live) and think of where he has been and how much he has improved in only a short space of time then he's not done too bad and can only get better.

From what I have seen in reserves is he can move with the ball his crossing is often praised but I often feel he's actually going for goal as it's often aimed at the goal I think he's very single minded and forgets that he is in a team. I do get an impression though that he hits everything with far to much power it's almost as if he's wearing hob nail boots some of the time. Like I say so far he doesn't look worth a 7 million outlay seeing as for a million more you could get an Ozil. If he had cost a lot lot less then I could see it justified but when Utd are paying that sort of money for a very much work in progress you expect a lot better really ! I would have preferred the money invested in a proven creative midfielder at the end of the day and that is what most Utd fans are calling for seeing as Scholes isn't getting any younger!

From what I have seen in reserves is he can move with the ball his crossing is often praised but I often feel he's actually going for goal as it's often aimed at the goal I think he's very single minded and forgets that he is in a team. I do get an impression though that he hits everything with far to much power it's almost as if he's wearing hob nail boots some of the time. Like I say so far he doesn't look worth a 7 million outlay seeing as for a million more you could get an Ozil. If he had cost a lot lot less then I could see it justified but when Utd are paying that sort of money for a very much work in progress you expect a lot better really ! I would have preferred the money invested in a proven creative midfielder at the end of the day and that is what most Utd fans are calling for seeing as Scholes isn't getting any younger!

They didnt pay £7m because thats what they thought he was worth. They paid it because that was his buyout clause which was guarenteed to be accepted and they had to act fast as Real Madrid and others were also interested so you can forget about how much we paid for him. When we first signed Ronaldo, did you think he was worth £12m after a handfull of games? Look what happened there.

I had already heard of Ronaldo due to this game and various football sources and seen footage of him via the internet so I already knew of his potential I was also at his premier league debut against Bolton where he came on as a sub showed some sublime skill and you could already see his potential I just don't think anyone realised just how much potential was there though haha. Bebe however doesn't seem to have that in my opinion.

Anyway I'm sure I opened this thread to discuss Park not mine or anyone else's views on Bebe so perhaps we should all get back on topic before the thread gets closed. Thanks

Archived