I don't understand morale in this game.

Reading between the lines of your two posts it suggests that you have a good grasp of the teamtalks/media/player interaction which means I would say your problems are on the pitch.

"Second season syndrome" is basically the opposition adjusting their tactics against you & playing more defensive due to you doing well the previous season.

I suspect you have attacking tactics that aren't as effective when the opposition keep men behind the ball. This results in you struggling to score as freely in your second season while the opposition play on the counter attack.

I suspect you have attacking tactics that aren't as effective when the opposition keep men behind the ball. This results in you struggling to score as freely in your second season while the opposition play on the counter attack.

How is best to combat this? Play defensive also?

How is best to combat this? Play defensive also?

Well your fast, direct attacks don't work because the opposition are already behind the ball leaving very little space for you to work in.

As you have possession when the opposition drop back what you need to do is make more use of it dragging the defence out of position to create space. Play wider, take more time & lower the mentality to encourage your players to keep possession & play the ball around until a chance to create a shooting opportunity appears.

Archived