Tutoring...

Anyone find the tutoring has been slightly addressed. They've stuck with the same system obviuosly but i find that every so often i can tutor a player now and again that i am sure i wouldn't have been able to before. Annoying thing is i am refering to two new players i bought, so i can't be sure for certain. The other one is Bruma, who no one could tutor before and is now tutorable by an established older first team player, not all of them though.

Anyone find the tutoring has been slightly addressed. They've stuck with the same system obviuosly but i find that every so often i can tutor a player now and again that i am sure i wouldn't have been able to before. Annoying thing is i am refering to two new players i bought, so i can't be sure for certain. The other one is Bruma, who no one could tutor before and is now tutorable by an established older first team player, not all of them though.

According to Neil Brock from SI, they now limit on age, not reputation. Whether he just has to be older, or need to be a certain age, I haven't tested yet. And I think there are still demands to the squad status and CA value.

My stupid 16 year old goalkeeper I signed has a horrible determination of 9 and he refuses to be tutored by a world class model pro in Edwin van der Sar. I even tried Kuszczak, but the stupid kid was having none of it :mad:

Why does he refuse to become a better player?

According to Neil Brock from SI, they now limit on age, not reputation. Whether he just has to be older, or need to be a certain age, I haven't tested yet. And I think there are still demands to the squad status and CA value.

I tested it and it still relies on sqaud setting. I moved a new youngish (22) signing who couldn't be tutored by anyone down to sqaud rotation from first team member and i could suddenly tutor him.

I still can't tutor the players I want to.

It's still U18s on the whole. I have 11 players U21 in my first team but not 1 of them will allow me to tutor them.

Are you interacting with the U21 player or with the actual tutor you have in mind? you need to interact with the Tutor, not with the Tutee.

Hope it helps.

W

Yeah, I noticed that has *some* sucess willyw but still hardly any of my youngsters are coming up in the list.

We aren't talking about 190 CA key players. We are talking about teenagers, on £10-£20k a week classed as hot prospects or backup players.

10.3 it seemed perfect, I could tutor a player purely based on his age. Doesn't matter if he was better that the tutor, or even better paid and more important in my squad.

My stupid 16 year old goalkeeper I signed has a horrible determination of 9 and he refuses to be tutored by a world class model pro in Edwin van der Sar. I even tried Kuszczak, but the stupid kid was having none of it :mad:

Why does he refuse to become a better player?

It has to do with his personality. Some players like to develop by themselves, which can be very annoying.

Yeah, I noticed that has *some* sucess willyw but still hardly any of my youngsters are coming up in the list.

We aren't talking about 190 CA key players. We are talking about teenagers, on £10-£20k a week classed as hot prospects or backup players.

10.3 it seemed perfect, I could tutor a player purely based on his age. Doesn't matter if he was better that the tutor, or even better paid and more important in my squad.

well even in FM10 there were restrictions on reputation and squad status :) ... Reputation value still had to be higher for the tutor than the youngster, and he still had to have at least the same squad status to be able to tutor him.

Archived