Chairman loves the club, do you really?

Sitting on the start of my 4th season at werder, just bought the stadium of whoever it was we where renting it from, sitting with 18mil in the bank, no future outgoings like players coming etc. life is good *clicks continue*

chairman has loaned the club £59million.... so now the only debt club free in the german top league (why i picked them) has been plunged into debt until 2048(i think it was) at a rate of just under 500k/month

i fail to feel his love after this :( but in all seriousness i have no idea why he's done this

-had money

-all key players are on long term deals

-wage bill is down from where i started

-we jsut purchased the stadium at the end of last season which saves on £5mil/year rent

anyone else experienced love like this

I'm managing Derby County and am in the premiership (season 3). We were taken over at the end of season one by a fans group and now have a chairman who supposedly "loves the club". My issue is with stadium expansion, I ask in season 2 saying that we need to expand the stadium to meet demand, virtually every match is packed to capacity. The board agreed but said we don't have the funds.

Then in season 3 I ask again from a different angle saying we should expand to increase our revenue and they say that the demand is not there for expansion (still getting capacity crowds every game).

It seems to me that whether the chairman loves the club or not they still make irrational decisions!

Sitting on the start of my 4th season at werder, just bought the stadium of whoever it was we where renting it from, sitting with 18mil in the bank, no future outgoings like players coming etc. life is good *clicks continue*

chairman has loaned the club £59million.... so now the only debt club free in the german top league (why i picked them) has been plunged into debt until 2048(i think it was) at a rate of just under 500k/month

i fail to feel his love after this :( but in all seriousness i have no idea why he's done this

-had money

-all key players are on long term deals

-wage bill is down from where i started

-we jsut purchased the stadium at the end of last season which saves on £5mil/year rent

anyone else experienced love like this

Very strange. I haven't experienced anything like this. Is there an option to pay back money early/in advance?

It seems to me that whether the chairman loves the club or not they still make irrational decisions!

That's pretty well how football works. See:

Mike Ashley, Newcastle Utd (2007 to present, and probably earlier too)

Blackburn Rovers post Venky's takeover

Roman Abramovic (Mourinho and Wilkins sackings most notably)

Very strange. I haven't experienced anything like this. Is there an option to pay back money early/in advance?

wasn't in 10 and i haven't seen anything to suggest this in 11 or id just give them the 59mil back as ive no use for it and its all still there lol

*also to note i cant do anything with this 59million its not like he's given me extra wages or a bigger transfer budget, both are in line with roughly what ive had the past 3 seasons*

wasn't in 10 and i haven't seen anything to suggest this in 11 or id just give them the 59mil back as ive no use for it and its all still there lol

*also to note i cant do anything with this 59million its not like he's given me extra wages or a bigger transfer budget, both are in line with roughly what ive had the past 3 seasons*

if i could i would

Archived