The "Get The Delorian Up To 88MPH" Principle

rabutlass.jpg

Sorry about the cryptic title ^^

I just found this really weird - 1 Acceleration, yet 15 Pace. Always thought the two were reasonably interlinked.

It's like the guy has broken his hip, so he can't get up to speed quickly, but when he does get going watch him fly!

Anyone else found weird stat combos like this?

i got excited when i saw the title i thought you had found a marty mcfly or something in the game :(

lol I wish. This is the best so far for me..

goodenough.jpg

First Guy: "Hey, is he good enough?"

Second Guy: "Nah, that's John. Goodenough is over there."

I know why! Tries to sneak past the 4th offical very slowly and when passed him, he sprints like mad down the touchline! He must be related to Tony Pulis.

Hehe aye - or or.. he has rocket boots. He doesn't need to accelerate, he presses a button and reaches top speed immediately!

I wonder how this translates to the game.

Is it that Pace is maximum speed M/s. And Acceleration is M/s/s.

So do all players with say 15 acceleration accelrate at the same rate, irrepsctive of Pace.

Or does pace modify how much the acceleration actually is compared to other players?

For example, A) has 20 Acc, 10 Pace. And B) has 20 Acc, 20 Pace. Are they both moving at exactly the same speed until they reach 10 pace, at which case A stops increasing speed, and B carries on?

Or is that B would be moving more quickly right from the start because he has more pace?

So do all players with say 15 acceleration accelrate at the same rate, irrepsctive of Pace.

Or does pace modify how much the acceleration actually is compared to other players?

For example, A) has 20 Acc, 10 Pace. And B) has 20 Acc, 20 Pace. Are they both moving at exactly the same speed until they reach 10 pace, at which case A stops increasing speed, and B carries on?

Or is that B would be moving more quickly right from the start because he has more pace?

The physics of this is more elaborate, the WEIGHT of the player would come into this, ie MOMENTUM causing acceleration and pace increases, this debate could get out of hand so i say this is the only bit missed out.

Think that could be it....They both set off at the same pace, but A will get to 10, and not go any quicker, whereas B will keep going....like a duracel bunny

The physics of this is more elaborate, the WEIGHT of the player would come into this, ie MOMENTUM causing acceleration and pace increases, this debate could get out of hand so i say this is the only bit missed out.

Yes this to...Weight would be a factor....but as stated.....too deep....

I dont see how weight affects the speed. Yes, you'd expect fatter players to be slower, and have more balance/strength. But 2 players with identical pace and acceleration shoulnt move at different speeds because of theor weight differences/

We could put that to the test,get 2 guys that are both the same pace and acceleration,on guy A he has to carry Kiera Knightly and guy B has to carry Gabourey Sidibe(from the film Precious) and we will see who finishes the 100 metre sprint 1st.;)

I have always wondered this!

Archived