Promoting the second team/non league teams

Hello everyone

Some leagues, like the Norwegian league, doesn't have a separate reserves league, instead the reserves are incorporated into the existing league structure. But, since the second team has to be at least two divisions down, only some of the premier division sides have a second team active in FM. My question is this: how can you promote your second team into a playable divison? Is there anything at all I can do, or will I just have to wait and hope?

I guess this applies to other teams as well, what determines which team is promoted from a non-playable league to a playable league, is there anything one can do to make one team being promoted more likely?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that only teams from the next tier (unplayable) beneath those playable are able to get promoted.

Always a shame when I play my Granada CF saves in Spain, as the B team is two tiers beneath the Segunda B divisions, therefore will never get promoted into a playable division in FM.

The better players you field in your ____ 2 team, the higher chances you'd get to have it promoted from the simulated 3. Divisjon

Still, reputation probably plays a bigger role... it all depends on who you're managing...

In Norway most TL clubs should have no problem in keeping their 2nd team in 2.div, or to get it promoted straight away should it get relegated, considering the average level of non-reserve clubs playing at that level

Archived