Speed of Light

Yet another problem, this game keeps breaking for me...

During matches the players seem to burst into particles of light only to reform a split second later, its like watching a laser show rather than a football match! Needless to say its quite annoying and totally ruins the game. Anyone have any experience of this happening to them or know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Go into the Preferences and change the Display settings, you may have to knock down the match day experience by reducing the amount of graphics used, like stadium and crowd and exterior views etc.

These can be found in the 3D settings.

That might improve this for you.

It's just the change from one highlight to another. If you don't like it, play the games on full 90 minutes.

LOL Its clearly not this, I've played the game long enough to know how it should work.

And it shouldn't be a drivers issue, it was working fine one minute then the next game I play it starts doing this.

What graphics card do you have? How much RAM have you got?

Its an Nvidia GeForce 9200M GS and I have 4GB RAM. More than enough to play it I know. Also your previous suggestion didn't work, plus I don't want the problem 'improved', I want it fixed, this is clearly something which shouldnot be happening :(

Clearly it shouldn't be happening - very weird. I've got similar to you and no issues at all?

You have the latest DirectX too?

Yes everything is up to date. I Had to post a thread yesterday with a problem because my laptop keeps turning off suddenly without warning, Matt helped me with that yesterday but it just did it again before this happened, connected again?

You can save the information out as a report and copy and paste the text from it.

Well I actually meant what it said, I'd like to post a pic of whats going on so that you can see the problem but I'm not registered with any photo hosting websites. I can pretty much rule out anything being wrong with the hardware. My feeling is its something to do with the game files, I just have no idea what.

The last time I saw anything like that was when my friends graphics card was overheating and was on its way out. Hopefully this isn't the case for you.

Damn I hope not, I've only had this laptop a year :( Although every computer I get seems to break eventually. Any other ideas people?

Archived