Player Manager for FM 2009. Yes, No?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hazzydeepy:

I have no idea Dietspam, but something that would make everyone really more excited to be 09 then usual.Like when the 2d pitch was implemented </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, i see what you mean. But how often do SI really implemnt things like that? Most years it's just a few addons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

I say NAY! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bloody spoilsport! Seriously, download a copy of STeem and play Player Manager, and THEN tell me you don't want to do that with FM.

It would be mainly cosmetic, and present a whole host of problems.

Would you create yourself as a superstar?

Would you have a random CA/PA?

If you hit a spot of bad form, won't these forums fill up with more vitriol from narked off players? "I could have hit that goal in real life let alone on a sim"!!

Can't see it happening. Defo not for FM09 - it's already finished.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seagulls Forever:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

I say NAY! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bloody spoilsport! Seriously, download a copy of STeem and play Player Manager, and THEN tell me you don't want to do that with FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the game where you can rename your stadium? If it is, that game was cool. One of my players got punched in it, you saw the guy swing and everything. Was pretty cool even if it was like 8 bit or something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">originally posted by Mitja:-

cool idea but I would preffer to be a player's dentist in the game. and then eventually if I make enough money I would buy a some small club and I would be a chairman in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

You'd probably make more money if you were their 'virtual' bookie icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

It would be mainly cosmetic, and present a whole host of problems.

Would you create yourself as a superstar?

Would you have a random CA/PA?

If you hit a spot of bad form, won't these forums fill up with more vitriol from narked off players? "I could have hit that goal in real life let alone on a sim"!!

Can't see it happening. Defo not for FM09 - it's already finished. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, it would be cosmetic. I think how good you are would depend on your rep. You can choose your rep now in FM 08. I guess it could be like that.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bloody spoilsport! Seriously, download a copy of STeem and play Player Manager, and THEN tell me you don't want to do that with FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to have it for my Amiga.

I still spent most of my time playing Championship Manager icon_wink.gif

I most certainly don't want to do that with FM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Bloody spoilsport! Seriously, download a copy of STeem and play Player Manager, and THEN tell me you don't want to do that with FM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to have it for my Amiga.

I still spent most of my time playing Championship Manager icon_wink.gif

I most certainly don't want to do that with FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You poor devil having an Amiga.. didn't you want a real computer? icon_wink.gif Seriously, as good as CM was, Player Manager was the nuts back then.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Seriously, as good as CM was, Player Manager was the nuts back then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess it's down to what you want. I'm sure Player Manager catered for people who wanted to be a player manager.

Personally I don't think it's the right direction to take Football Manager in. Would be interesting trying to control 2D blobs icon_wink.gif

@Suge: Actually on Player Manager, if I recall, if you selected yourself in the starting line-up you could choose either to control just yourself or the more traditional approach of controlling whoever's nearest the ball.

@Ter: Pah I think you just can't do it icon_wink.gif Chickens the lot of you! And sod 2d blobs, bring the Kick Off 2 or Dino Dini's Goal engine in instead.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

...No, i don't mean that you would control the player. You'd just be listed in the squad with player stats, like any other player manager in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then what would be the point? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AB-forever:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DietSpam:

...No, i don't mean that you would control the player. You'd just be listed in the squad with player stats, like any other player manager in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then what would be the point? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd be playing...

Bah everyone thinks i ment you control the player like fifa, or something.

I just wanted an option were you tick player manager, and you are listed in the squad for selection. I don't think it's that rare. There are a few player managers in the lower leagues, and that's where i think this would fit right in.

It would have some merit for lower league management, as this is where it is more common. I can't say I'm over keen on the idea of a new, 30+ player being added to the game though, thats just me.

It's not an idea that interests me personally, nor would want to see included, though I can see why others would want it there.

The player manager I played, you didn't control yourself, otherwise I wouldn't have put myself on once. Don't know if it should be done in FM but there was a bug I found in 07 that made a blacked out player, who had the same name/dob as the manager, when you were low on players.

What if you could add yourself to the playing staff in a injury crisis in a financially stricken club.

Chairman-

There's no money to buy anyone, what if you got your boots on saturday and played for us.

I mean you were an 'ex international' player before you came here right?

Simple then. Give an old warhorse in your squad a nickname - you, and make like he's you the player-manager.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mizan:

Player Manager, never heard of it!

Is it good?

Anyone played it before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The later games were crap but the original combined a decent management game with the utterly perfect Kick-Off. Google it and you'll see what I mean.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AB-forever:

Then what would be the point? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It comes back to the idea being purely cosmetic. If you want it so badly, give a player a nickname - yours.

I can't see how this would work at all. You'll have a playing career of, what, 2 years? Not many 19 year-old player managers out there.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just wanted an option were you tick player manager, and you are listed in the squad for selection </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then what happens when you fine said player every week and they get upset with you (themselves)

Not as simple as you might think

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just wanted an option were you tick player manager, and you are listed in the squad for selection </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then what happens when you fine said player every week and they get upset with you (themselves)

Not as simple as you might think </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

itd obviousy be coded differently so you cant interact with yourself

you would just have a player profile and staff profile. like other playe manages/ player ass man. player coaches.

I would love the ability to be a player manager of a club. I know what some of you will say "This is Football manager, not Football Player Manager".

What do you think? Love ? Hate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for me icon13.gificon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dar2000:

I would love the ability to be a player manager of a club. I know what some of you will say "This is Football manager, not Football Player Manager".

What do you think? Love ? Hate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for me icon13.gificon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll second that!

Archived