Pathetic match engine

These are the words from my dad. My dad the other day decided that he wanted to give FM a try because I'm always plying it and like me he is a huge football fan. I helped him set up he's save he decided to be arsenal that being the club we support. At the begin he liked how many leagues where in the game and was impressed with what you can do in it that was until the the 1st match started which was against the reserves my dad could not believe what he was seeing he was on the floor laughing he could not understand how the plyers could not pass to one another and how easy it was for his players to miss One on one opportunities. In his words he said did is pathetic the plyers look like a bunch of drunks trying to ply footie and he turned and said to me how in the hell do sit here and ply this and them words really got to me and now I can hardly ply the game because I do agree with my dad. One other point I have noticed is that say for example you watch a international match England against Saudi arabi England would struggle to win and would even lose bt if you don't watch England would win about 4 nil which make me believe the match engine is really that bad because a good player cannot really do anything really special compared to the rubbish plyers. Top strikers miss as much as the crap players good playmaker such as fab miss place as many passes as crap plyers although his passing is about 19 and good defenders go missing as much as poor defenders plus all the poor plyers can do what the good players can do such as hit long shots and hit good free kicks on my save the bottom teams have scored more free kicks. I am going to leave it at that because I can go on and on and I'll probably get shot down and be made to sound like some criminal but until my dad said that I was kinda enjoying the game dismissing it's faults.

i was playing on my newcastle save earlier and 2 things happened in a match really annoyed me.the first one made me laugh out loud because i couldnt beleive what i was seeing,what happened was andy carroll brought the ball into the corner,now i have him on "hold the ball up" but instead of turning and passing the ball out he just walked it over the line!!!!the other was when we were on a counter and williamson had the ball,at this point i think two players were breaking out and one of them was ranger,instead of hitting the simple pass to him what did he do????he hoofed it to nobody in the corner and the oppistion defender collected the ball.other than this alot of the match engine is good.

It's not perfect, of course it's not, but I do think it's the best yet. Also, I find most of the bugs funnier than annoying, especially the way players with high dribbling stats run, looks like they're gliding or something.

But really, I like the ME on FM11, it's getting towards something that could be really great.

Is your dad's name Arsene?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The pitch was probably in terrible condition too :p

But seriously though, the ME is very good. I really like it. It was your dads first time playing it. I would suggest you tell him it's a game - with graphics. Not real people. I'd be interested to know what he was actually expecting to see.

This is what I'm talking about just look at the stupid replies did you see man vs arsenal is your dad wenger come on. The point I'm trying to make is the match engine is poor it looks nothing like a football match and plyers do stupid things such as jst run the ball out of I'm not running the game down to the ground. I don't understand what these forums are for because anytime someone comes on here with a opion they get shot down ain't this what the forum is for. The worse comment its your tactics did I complain that I was not winning NO I'm just saying that what my dad thought and what I see when I know look at it it looks like a bunch of primary school kids playing a match in the play ground and all these updates have not made the match engine any bette awnser me this how can you fix something like the match engine when it is exactly the same one all they do is increase and decrease certain things so what is the point of the players stats which means it is scripted.

Again, watch Arsenal play and I mean really watch. You think that even with Fab's 19 passing in real life he never misplaces one? Or that Van Persie or Chamakh never miss a sitter? Please, that's absolute nonsense.

And I'm not even speaking about the fact that you're acting like someone's ventriloquist right now. Form your own opinion FFS!

So your point is that the match engine is scripted?

That's an easy one to resolve.

No, it isn't.

Several people have posted that they disagree with your opinion. I do, too - the match engine, as a general rule, is consistently being tested, added to, and improved. It's not perfect, and it's not ever "finished" - with something so complex there's almost always improvements that can be made - however, in my opinion, it's the most representative match engine I've ever seen in a videogame and it's more than good enough to suspend my disbelief.

I'm sorry that you don't like the game, that's a shame - I'd suggest having a play of the demo in future to avoid disappointment.

Cheers

Matt

This is what I'm talking about just look at the stupid replies did you see man vs arsenal is your dad wenger come on. The point I'm trying to make is the match engine is poor it looks nothing like a football match and plyers do stupid things such as jst run the ball out of I'm not running the game down to the ground. I don't understand what these forums are for because anytime someone comes on here with a opion they get shot down ain't this what the forum is for. The worse comment its your tactics did I complain that I was not winning NO I'm just saying that what my dad thought and what I see when I know look at it it looks like a bunch of primary school kids playing a match in the play ground and all these updates have not made the match engine any bette awnser me this how can you fix something like the match engine when it is exactly the same one all they do is increase and decrease certain things so what is the point of the players stats which means it is scripted.

Sell the game & never play it again

Simple

Look I'm not running the game down to the ground just saying sometimes looking at the match engine it looks so stupid that's all yes i know fab does not make a hundred percent passes and by god I know Chamak misses sitters but this happens in every single match the main point I'm trying to make is that the very very good plyers do not really do anything different from ehat the average plyers can do. And for the perso sying my English is terrible I'm doing this on my iPhone and I do not understand what you have to say something about that anyways. One more point if the game is so great why are you people on the forums all time instead of plying the game I only came on here to say what I got to say.

The match engine is great!

It will never truly come over like a real match, that's impossible; but it is certainly extremely realistic.

I have played this game for years & I can still never predict what will happen next. Still see new things take place on the pitch.

Can think of some weak points in 2011 version, but the ME is a blast; period!

PS: Why am I not suprised that the ME knockers are Gooners!!!!!

The worse comment its your tactics .

Urm thats because it is!

My matches look very similar to what I see on TV and in RL (give or take a few graphical animations lacking). For the most part people that tend to complain about these "issues" are those who lack tactical knowledge about the game. I don't just see them on the forums either I see them in the stands and in pubs etc when watching RL games.

As for this comment: "plyers do stupid things such as jst run the ball out"

I see that in a lot of RL matches players looking around miscontrolling the ball as it rolls over the line or they try to play it off a defender or the defender pressures them into a mistake.

Archived