Unable to play football manager 2011

Hi,

I have searched the entire network of forums, several people have reported this issue but none of the suggested resolutions have worked for me. When installing the game it registers as complete, but states there were errors. When I double click on the 'FM' icon in program files it appears to load but nothing happens. When I look in task manager the game is running in processes, however I can't see it! I looked through the log file and this is the error:

----

Custom Action: com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Additional Notes: ERROR - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException AddGameExplorerTasks() failed: Failed to retrieve GUID for application

-----

There simply must be a fix developed or known that resolves this problem. It would seem ridiculous SEGA would produce a game with a well known issue, and not resolve it.

I am using an HP Mini laptop and wonder if that has anything to do with the issue? Any help here would be much appreciated, otherwise I will have to get a refund.

Thanks

Freddy

Sure.

Go to the start menu on your computer.

In the "run" box or the search box type "Dxdiag"

That'll open dxdiag. In the bottom right of the screen there is an option to save all information. If you click that button, it'll prompt you to save a report.

Once you've done that, open the report, and copy and paste the contents into the tech support forum.

If you're really struggling I'd suggest getting hold of Customer Services who are considerably more technically skilled than me and will be able to provide better support as a result...:)

Cheers

Matt

Archived