Training focus- Creativity?

There are a few attributes that do seem to be included though that probably shouldn't be. For instance, how do you train Composure on your own? Not possible IMO.

I disagree. Having a player train one-on-one with the keeper, practising running in and focusing on keeping calm to slot the ball in would raise a player's composure. There are also breathing exercises that help with this, and I imagine a few psychology-minded coaches could help massively in this regard.

I disagree. Having a player train one-on-one with the keeper, practising running in and focusing on keeping calm to slot the ball in would raise a player's composure. There are also breathing exercises that help with this, and I imagine a few psychology-minded coaches could help massively in this regard.

I'm not sure about this, I don't think the factors that cause players to lose composure are accurately replicable in a training ground environment. Composure is used in every part of the pitch, by the way, not just in scoring.

So what does it improve for penalties, their ability to read where the shot is going, their stance or what...

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, i've always thought of penalty saving as a thing of luck.

Sky have been making a big deal over the number of penalty saves this year and are putting it down to the keepers being better researched, which is what I'd expect this training to cover.

Isnt creativity more of a feature that one has or one hasnt? People are born more creative than another. Hard to train that I guess.. A player can be encouraged to play more creative (with more risk), but to learn a player creativity seems rather impossible, you eather have it or you dont.

Creativity in this case would mean how well a player can spot a gap in the defence. Obviously there are some players that seem more natural at it than others (Xavi for example), but I'd imagine you could train a player to keep his head up and look around for gaps to exploit. You can't teach the genius of someone like Xavi, but it is possible to improve this aspect of ones game.

In game, the stat doesn't increase by that much from what I've seen.

Archived