Disappointment.

I am in no doubt I will be slaughtered for this but surely FMH11 for iPhone could just of been an update? All we have is a few new buttons and a GPS locator. I was eagerly awaiting this years release expecting a few new features and a retina quality display, which by the way is desperately needed due to the games logos looking patchy and the general interface a little dated.

Also on a side note, I took over my home town club, Leicester. First thing that struck me was that our transfer budget was £230,000. Now that is a joke, on FM11 our budget is £9 million, how can their be such a huge difference in budgets? I was also disappointed to see that Vassell was still available on a free when he signed a contract with us in October. Surely you could of used the new data update that SI released in November?

I understand that your development team is small but and that you need to set a certain price etc but surely this game could of received a nice upgrade and especially got the data update correct. And the Leicester budget difference is a glaring mistake, if it was Chelsea or Man City or received a small transfer budget the FMH community would of been up in arms.

If it is like with FMH 2010 you can expect to see Marc adding some more features/making some corrections in the patches to come. Overall, great value. Apart from the data issues and display suggestion, what were the features you were hoping for/you really would like to see integrated gameplay wise?

• SI Staff
I am in no doubt I will be slaughtered for this but surely FMH11 for iPhone could just of been an update? All we have is a few new buttons and a GPS locator. I was eagerly awaiting this years release expecting a few new features and a retina quality display, which by the way is desperately needed due to the games logos looking patchy and the general interface a little dated.

There are a lot of new features in the game - I've listed them elsewhere but they include the following:

* Running Multiple Leagues

* Stadium/Weather conditions being reflected on the 2d

* Addition of tactical roles to the match engine (this required a LOT of work in itself tbh)

* Retraining players for new positions

* Lots more media

amongst other things (and a lot of smaller items specifically requested by members of the community - 'Find a club', 'Club In/Out transfer pages', 'Additional Formations' etc.).

I am looking at making a version of the game which properly supports HD displays for the future, but its a long term goal I'm afraid (simply because there is a limited amount of time during teh day).

Also on a side note, I took over my home town club, Leicester. First thing that struck me was that our transfer budget was £230,000. Now that is a joke, on FM11 our budget is £9 million, how can their be such a huge difference in budgets? I was also disappointed to see that Vassell was still available on a free when he signed a contract with us in October. Surely you could of used the new data update that SI released in November?

The Vassell transfer happened unfortunately after the cut-off for the database update for the game - HOWEVER we will be doing a database update to include any missing players etc. in due course (probably January because the iTunes store isn't taking app submissions over the xmas period) and will correct this for that update.

With regards to the transfer budget, I'll query the researchers about that.

However personally considering your transfers in real-life I'd have thought that the 9m FM budget is possibly incorrect? - the way it works on FMH is you start with what is thought to be a 'sensible' financial setup and you can then adjust it to your managerial preference by trading between transfer budget and wage budget. Leicester start with a 'heavy' surplus in wage budget which I presume was the case irl (as you've bought in free transfers/loans and some blooming good ones at that imho) - but have spent very little. This is what the game reflects - you CAN however trade that wage surplus down to include your transfer budget a lot if you prefer - just tested it here and you can drive it up to 2m if you want to .. as the manager its obviously your call which approach to take.

Real-Life transfers:

5/Nov/2010 Chris Kirkland Wigan Loan

24/Nov/2010 Roman Bednar West Bromwich Loan

20/Oct/2010 Darius Vassell Unattached Free

15/Oct/2010 Curtis Davies Aston Villa Loan

14/Oct/2010 Kyle Naughton Tottenham Loan

09/Jul/2010 Miguel Vítor Benfica Loan

(but as indicated I'll go with what the next database update indicates - incidentally I actually have a soft spot for Leicester for two reasons, Gary Lineker and the fact you let us (Brighton) beat you at your place in the FA Cup many years ago ... Kerry Mayo goal from the half way line, bloody awful match but a fantastic goal :D)

I understand that your development team is small but and that you need to set a certain price etc but surely this game could of received a nice upgrade and especially got the data update correct. And the Leicester budget difference is a glaring mistake, if it was Chelsea or Man City or received a small transfer budget the FMH community would of been up in arms.

The database is taken straight from the PC game shortly before the game is submitted (we have to have a period before submission with a fixed database for QA purposes as bugs can be put into the game via. the database unfortunately - hence some things will always be slightly out of date in that regard, apologies but its imposible to avoid).

I do believe the game has had a decent upgrade and I've been working 60+ hours a week to try and ensure that as many new features are included as possible and that it plays as nicely as possible for people.

I will be striving to further improve the game via. updates as Macflyer indicates, hopefully I'll convince you of its worth in those.

The Vassell transfer happened unfortunately after the cut-off for the database update for the game - HOWEVER we will be doing a database update to include any missing players etc. in due course (probably January because the iTunes store isn't taking app submissions over the xmas period) and will correct this for that update.

Marc, first of all i would like to congratulate you for all your hard work.FMi 11 looks amazing. I am very happy to read that you plan to update the database and solve the issue of missing players.Imo it will make the game PERFECT.

Marc, first of all i would like to congratulate you for all your hard work.FMi 11 looks amazing. I am very happy to read that you plan to update the database and solve the issue of missing players.Imo it will make the game PERFECT.

Nah, the game will never ever be perfect. Almost perfect is maybe the better term to use. The day Marc thinks that he created a perfect game I'm going to steal his piggy. :D

Maybe I was abit quick with the negative comments I made. The new features especially the player roles must of been a hard task to code, along with the weather features. And I also really like the find a club option, makes it alot easier to find players. All three features add to the games already good foundations. And I look forward to the new additions as the years continues, particularly the HD update if possible.

I feel the £9 million is fair because the owners have came out and said we have £10 million to spend in January and the fact we have brought in Davies, Naughton, Bednar, Kirkland and Vassell show we money to spend and we also spent £3 million on Waghorn on deadline day. So maybe we could have a little boost in the next update. ;) Sven also made offers for Beckham, Keane and Santa Cruz so the financial backing is quite clearly there.

Also what I noticed from playing earlier on is that Bayern Munich were interested in Marvin Emnes and Adel Taarabt and in fact brought both players. Maybe a slight bug there as surely a club of their size wouldnt be interested in these players.

Anyway I appreciate the hard work you and the team put in to bring us the game on iPhone as other OS's are not so lucky.

Keep up the good work.

• SI Staff
So maybe we could have a little boost in the next update. Sven also made offers for Beckham, Keane and Santa Cruz so the financial backing is quite clearly there.

Ok the next update will be during January and I'll look into giving you a boost for then if the rest of the chaps here concur.

PS - I'll also look into the Munich transfers

Worth it just for the multiple leagues. And to be fair it does seem to have a few tweeks that have improved the gameplay (even though I'm deep in a relagation battle!) and appearance of the game.

Not like the game costs much to be fair though so it's a good job by Marc and the guys at SI to produce a good game when I imagine the profit margin is a lot smaller (and the manpower/time allowed to be put into it) than on the main game.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/news/Sven-new-signings-sights/article-2991285-detail/article.html

That article alone proves the spending power we have. The board have told Sven to get a big name so that proves the money is there. Maybe £9 million is a bit excessive but to say we have £230,000 in the bank simply isn't true.

The thought of Beckham, Santa Cruz and Keane all playing for Leicester is just........................hahahahahahahahahahaha.........................and more hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. and Hahaha (reccuring)

Haha, you can't fault Sven for trying though.

Worth it just for the multiple leagues. And to be fair it does seem to have a few tweeks that have improved the gameplay (even though I'm deep in a relagation battle!) and appearance of the game.

Not like the game costs much to be fair though so it's a good job by Marc and the guys at SI to produce a good game when I imagine the profit margin is a lot smaller (and the manpower/time allowed to be put into it) than on the main game.

Except the multiple league option leaves out players from teams....like Gibbs from Arsenal who is an English International...and the second choice left back.

That article proves nothing, its just a lot of "we have targets blah blah blah" how many times have managers done this before and nothing happens? More times than you and I have had hot dinners!!!

Granted Leicester City have more of a budget than 230k but theres no evidence to even suggest they will spend more than £1m. Remember when Birmingham were supposed to have a £40m January warchest? What happened to that? Nothing.

That article proves nothing, its just a lot of "we have targets blah blah blah" how many times have managers done this before and nothing happens? More times than you and I have had hot dinners!!!

Granted Leicester City have more of a budget than 230k but theres no evidence to even suggest they will spend more than £1m. Remember when Birmingham were supposed to have a £40m January warchest? What happened to that? Nothing.

The takeover happened at the end of August and we spent £3 million on Waghorn and since then we have signed Davies, Naughton, Kirkland, Bednar and Cunningham on loan. None of these players would be on cheap wages so it's not like we have no money and Sven has already said he has several deals close to completion for January.

But as you say we shall see by the end of January how much money Sven will spend.

Archived