Hi everyone....

HI all I'm brand new here. I'm an avid Football fan ( fanatic really :p ) But in all seriousness I was just watching the Barcelona game and thought to myself " If only I could manage this team, I'm pretty confident I'd have the tactial nouse to outwit the Barca players "

Then it hit me... " I haven't player a football Managing game in quite some time "

Went upstairs to my room, looked online and found a FM2011 downloader form 2011 :) Boom, so It's downloading. Can't wait for it.

I played football managing games for 5 years on the spin ( I think from 99 to 2003/04 ish ) Although it was always Championship Manager.

I hear in the last couple of year FM has surpassed CM, so I decided to give FM a go ( first time ever ) :)

This is kinda a welcome thread, as I couldn't find a section where to post it. Anyway - Hello ALL :D

You just can't compare CM with FM now... it would be a dishonorable thing to do to FM :D FM is now waaaaaaaay ahead...much more playable and realistic... although maybe my favourite manager is CM 97/98 I have to say :)

But you will for sure enjoy in FM...

BTW, Welcome to the forum!!

Cheers. :)

Hell yeah! I played CM 97. Ibrahima Ba on the right for Milan was awesome. Fastino Asprilla too? lol Thomas Helveg, Rui Costa, Leonadro.. Jesus those were the good old days.

Hopefully this one is up to date, with a lot of visually pretty bars, codes, themes and general look overall...

Btw, once the download has completed, where abouts do I find the download for the latest transfers etc?.... for eg Ryo to Arsenal.

Cheers. You been playing for a long time Bracken? I'm so eager, can't wait for the download to finish.

Well, I've been playing long enough to not remember what real life is really like. When I die the only thing I'll leave behind is an imprint on this chair and a very large electricity bill...

Hell yeah! I played CM 97. Ibrahima Ba on the right for Milan was awesome. Fastino Asprilla too? lol Thomas Helveg, Rui Costa, Leonadro.. Jesus those were the good old days.

Hopefully this one is up to date, with a lot of visually pretty bars, codes, themes and general look overall...

Btw, once the download has completed, where abouts do I find the download for the latest transfers etc?.... for eg Ryo to Arsenal.

welcome to the forums if you check out editors hideout several threads where people are compiling db's with recent changes(METAL GUTARIST)

If you want all the up to date stuff like transfers, takeovers, and manager sackings you will need to install a patch which can be found on the footballmanager.com site, look for the 11.2 patch, it is more up to date ;)

Hope i helped, just ask for more if needed

Probably Arsenal. Although I enjoy building a team. So when the Euphoria of the first season or two goes, I'll take charge of a Parma/Fiorentina or a Newcastle/Everton and try my utmost in transforming them into a powerhouse.

I can recommend Leverkusen for a save.

Easy to achieve expectations,good youth system a solid squad which you can build on and a very even league.

I'm very unfamiliar with the German League.... I actually don't think i've been a German side. Maybe Bayern for a few weeks, although probably become bored very quickly.

Anywhoooo.... is it possble for me to play against one of you guys via an online FM?

I'm very unfamiliar with the German League.... I actually don't think i've been a German side. Maybe Bayern for a few weeks, although probably become bored very quickly.

Anywhoooo.... is it possble for me to play against one of you guys via an online FM?

Yes although i am very unfamiliar.

You can also upload your goals to youtube which is a nice feature and there are many new good new tweaks and additions over the last 7-8 years.

I forgot to mention football manager live which is a online mmo of which more details can be found on there what is fm live forums.

What 's everyones best feature of these types of games?

how in-depth has it gone? Before it just use to be "Praise player " Then his morale would increase. Has it changed much... Can you chose to be a hard manager, tactical one, friendly manager.

What 's everyones best feature of these types of games?

how in-depth has it gone? Before it just use to be "Praise player " Then his morale would increase. Has it changed much... Can you chose to be a hard manager, tactical one, friendly manager.

Well there is now a tactics creator where you put players in roles over the old slider system.

There are now pre half time and post match team talks,the 3d match engine is one of my favourites and there is so much more in player interaction.

Okay everyone. The game has installed, although when I click on the Icon on the desktop - it's asking for an activation code. Where could I find this?

this is normally on the back of the manual but ovbvisely you wont have one because you have downloaded it,im not sure what you can do now.would you not just buy it of steam???

Nah I was going to purchase it through Steam, although I think it would have cost £20.99.

On the Main FM website it had another option of buying it from Game.com, which I did ( only £14.99 )

I've just read the email and it states:

"To prevent fraud, an additional check of your purchase is required. To this effect, your key will only be sent once your purchase has been validated" GRRRRRRR... Was highly anticipating it.

Nah I was going to purchase it through Steam, although I think it would have cost £20.99.

On the Main FM website it had another option of buying it from Game.com, which I did ( only £14.99 )

I've just read the email and it states:

"To prevent fraud, an additional check of your purchase is required. To this effect, your key will only be sent once your purchase has been validated" GRRRRRRR... Was highly anticipating it.

your key will only be sent once your purchase has been validated???what does this mean???sorry for being dumb lol

Archived