Messi.

Play super defensive with 2-3 def mid and counter attack with a fast poacher, 2 fast wingers, and a deep-lying playmaker. The key is to keep your formation and avoid through balls. Also clear ball to the flanks and exploit the sides.

I done Barca in the CL Semi-s recently. 4-2 on Agg.

1st leg (h): I tried to play my own game. Went 1-0 down. 1-1. 2-1 down. Then we scored 3 without reply. I basically fought fire with fire. Their ropey defence was caught out, but my defence also wasn't brillian.

2nd leg (a): Defening the 2 goal lead, I took off a striker for a defensive midfielder. High Line, losts of pressing. Ground out a 0-0

Always have your Left Back on Full Back -Defend, and make sure he is a solid defender.

Sometimes if I'm playing a vastly superior team I just go all out attack. Sometimes I get hammered but occasionally I get an amazing result, they just don't expect it.

This might be crazy enough to work especially for npower teams playing big teams in Carling/Fa cup.

My strategy is to set up a sniper in the crowd.

(Just kidding - I love Messi and Barca)

Careful with that.you don't want to mistakenly snipe your GK.

Sometimes if I'm playing a vastly superior team I just go all out attack. Sometimes I get hammered but occasionally I get an amazing result, they just don't expect it.

This is actually what I do :) I never worry about the opposition; I'm always focussing on giving them something to worry about. Usually works. I've never defensively set up to nullify an opposition - the most I've done is utilise a DMC in my standard formation if my squad is weak in relation to the league overall.

I played against Barcelona not along go in my Liverpool save in the CL quarter finals, away I decided that my team was good enough to score a goal or 2 wasn't too bothered if I was outscored as long as i got an away goal or 2 so played a counter attack system but still rather attacking set up. I lost 4-3 at the Nou camp after going ahead once and then having to equalizing twice before succumbing to a 4-3 defeat to a late goal. Bare in mind Messi was absent for the first leg, second leg at Anfield I treated them like any team visiting Anfield, apart from making a plan to keep Messi quiet which involved Danny Wilson shifting to LB and Arturo Vidal shifting to DM but on the left side. I simply instructed my players to show him out wide and used hard tackling, he basically did nothing all game and I managed to win 5-0 :)

Archived