Regens with low Flair

In my game save, from 32 strikers who have over 170 PA, only 2 of them have Flair over 14. That thing happen for every atacking position. I don't imagine the next Messi or Ronaldinho with Flair 6 or 7. I want my players to be hardly anticipated, so without Flair they will kepp things simple, never try the unexpected.

Sorry for my english.

• SI Staff

The issue with flair is that in core game terms this attribute is what is called a "tendency". So it is not directly linked to how good the players is, it just describes how likely he is to try something spectacular. It does not mean how good he is at doing something spectacular, but how often he tries it. So technically a low flair is not really a "bad" thing for a good player.

However, like Stu says we have logged this issue and are looking to improve the attribute behaviour in the long term games as currently it is acting very much like a tendency should in the game, whereas it is clear that in the DB the players are researched a bit differently, with a high linkage between flair and ability.

The issue with flair is that in core game terms this attribute is what is called a "tendency". So it is not directly linked to how good the players is, it just describes how likely he is to try something spectacular. It does not mean how good he is at doing something spectacular, but how often he tries it. So technically a low flair is not really a "bad" thing for a good player.

But if it so, shouldn't Flair be a non-CA-related attribute? Or is it so already?

That'd be interesting to know, because it happens often to stumble upon dreadful newgens with Flair 16, so I often wondered why "wasting" so many CA points on a relatively useless attribute while the rest of the skills were below Sunday League standards...

• 3 months later...
So technically a low flair is not really a "bad" thing for a good player.

Does anyone have any experience of how true this is?

I have a potential winger lined up who has very nice stats, but 5 flair. Does this mean he will be properly one dimensional? Just running down the wing. Never using magic to beat a player?

But if it so, shouldn't Flair be a non-CA-related attribute? Or is it so already?

That'd be interesting to know, because it happens often to stumble upon dreadful newgens with Flair 16, so I often wondered why "wasting" so many CA points on a relatively useless attribute while the rest of the skills were below Sunday League standards...

Flair is a non-CA related attribute, as are Aggression, Bravery, Determination and Natural Fitness - iirc.

Does anyone have any experience of how true this is?

I have a potential winger lined up who has very nice stats, but 5 flair. Does this mean he will be properly one dimensional? Just running down the wing. Never using magic to beat a player?

I have a central midfielder, with great technique, dribbling, passing ect, but 5 for flair, he is probably the best player in my team, ghosts past players all the time and sets up a lot of goals, so it doesn't seem to affect him much. He may not have the ability to do the unexpected, but he does his job as my playmaker very well, he is given a free role, high dribbling and attacking mentality, basically everything i would set a high flair player up for.

Archived