Annoying contracts bug

I believe this is a bug, tell me if it happens to you and if you think it is normal.

I am coaching Shakhtar since the beginning of the game, it is 2014 now and my left back, Razvan Rat, is 33. His contract would have expired next year, so I offer him a new deal. His wage is set at 3 millions per year, he likes playing for me, but I only offer him a 3 million wage for the new deal, because he would've become pretty much a backup. Guess what, he rejects because he want over 4.5 millions. Is he idiot? Ok, let's consider him a gold-digger. That's fine with me, I sell him to Kaiserslautern where, the moron accepts a 1.9 M contract per year. Isn't that awfully annoying? How can a player who's 33 and not even that quality to request that much and to not even want to negotiate, considering he is happy with the club, as there's no reason not to be?

I get the agents are making this harder, but as long as he can accept a 1.9M from a way weaker team, how can you not accept 3M from a team you've been with for 10 years?

Maybe he spat his dummy out and thought "S*d you then" and just accepted an offer from another team :D

Seriously though not all players are money grabbers. Maybe he just wanted to move on. A lot of players do that once they get to those sort of ages. Ally McCoist done it with Rangers by leaving to go to Kilmarnock. Sol Campbell done it with Arsenal by moving to Portsmouth. Raul done it with Real Madrid by going to Schalke 04 (not really a weak team as such but same kind of thing).

I personally don't think this is a bug as to me it can happen in real life quite a bit.

Archived