Who replaced Alex Ferguson on your FM?

It's the 15th June 2013 and Sir Alex has just retired after winning Man Utd the league once again. So who do they replace him with? Alex Mcleish, who was fired near the end of the current real life season(2010/2011) as they were languishing in the bottom 3 and looking sorry for themselves... He doesn't have a job for 2 years and then BAM gets whipped straight into one of the highest profile jobs out there!!?!

Come on lol.

So who took over the reigns at Man Utd on your save?

Javier Aguirre on mine.

After three average seasons, Steve Bruce is now in charge. Aguirre now manages Chelsea, taking the place of Michel, who took over from Danny Wilson (former Swidon boss). Danny Wilson used to manage City, as did Robert Pires and Arsene Wenger but they've all been sacked. City are now managed by Patrick Vieira.

Its all fun and games.

It seems they just go for whoever is available. its a big merry-go-round of managers swapping jobs. Mick McCarthy just got the Spurs job as Harry just retired. All he did was a half decent job at wolves and then went to bolton where he got sacked for the same reason as McLeish. Aguirre just got the Arsenal job as Wenger retired.

Well I'm only in January 2012 and Fergie is still at scum. But, Redknapp went to Liverpool when they sacked Hodgson, so Hodgson went to Spurs in his place.

Mancini was sacked by City, who then appointed Michael Laudrup. (Mancini is still unemployed)

Wenger left Arsenal to go to Sevilla in March 11 and was replaced by Aguirre (who won the league). In Nov 11 both of them were sacked within a few days of each other and Wenger ended up back at Arsenal and Aguirre took over the City job after they fired Laudrup.

I'm still at Eastleigh, for some reason none of the above chose to approach me... :p

He was replaced by Javier Aguirre on mine. I am near the end of the 2013-14 season as Everton manager, and Roy Hodgson is at Tottenham, Paul Jewell at Man City, Mancini at Liverpool and Carlos Bocanegra is managing Arsenal. Alan Shearer was Chelsea manager until 2013, when he took over the England job.

cant remember the exact order but ive seen mick mccarthy, dimitar berbatov and roberto mancini all manage man united

ive also seen rio ferdinand as the man city manager

this years game is the strangest version for managerial appointments, man city go through managers worse than brazil, saying that though theyve only won the europa league and the super cup in 12 seasons and spent around 700 million

Ferguson retired at the end of 2010, getting replaced by Bernd Schuster. Schuster lasted through 2023, after which he retired, and was replaced by Roberto Mancini, who retired after 2027. Gennaro Gattuso then got handed the reins, but was sacked after 16 months (he's now been sacked by both Sunderland and United), and Raul Tamudo replaced him.

This is on FM10.

Ferguson was replaced by Javier Aguirre, who lasted about three years. Only won the League Cup.

Tony Mowbray followed and he was only at the club for two seasons. He won them the Europa League though.

Mike Phelan became caretaker manager for a while until they appointed Christian Gross. Gtoss came in and won them the Champions League and Premier League but retired three years after taking over.

Dutch manager Stanley Menzo took over but only lasted about six months!

Then Claude Puel took over in 2022. So far, it's mid-table mediocrity for Puel.

I enjoy watching the demise of Manchester United on FM. :D

Archived