Why did SI re-write the match engine??

They re-wrote it for FM09 did they not? I distinctly remember it being just dandy on FM07 and 08! Truth be told, I am still to get the new game (for my christmas) and I am looking forward to it somewhat. But even after patch 11.2.1 people are still saying its a disaster!

But why did SI try to fix something that was already amazing? Cos FM07 was amazing!

Actually I applaud the changes, not the bugs but the changes. FM07/08 were good games but a little too easy. More enjoyable in that you would almost always win a title or break records but Management is not about success but rather about development and achievement after a lot of input. I may not have time for the in-depth FM world but I much prefer the ideals of the newer versions.

Plus the 3D engine is a great addition.

The FM07 m/e was poor in comparison to the step forward after the 3D engines. Go watch a game playing out on 07, the ball sticks to completely crap players like iron-filings to a magnet, resulting in a match which is played at an absolutely ridiculous speed. It's like watching football on stimulants, or played at 1.5x the proper speed on a DVD playback, and without any of the sort of errors you'd commonly see if players tried to play at that tempo.

08 was a vast improvement once the glaring bugs were patched out, the first 3D engine in '09 has some obvious and fatal flaws, '10 is much better and the most realistic representation of actual football yet, even though it has inhereted a few of '09's little foibles. I can't comment on FM2011 as it doesn't come out until March :D

Archived