Best nationality to be for a journeyman career

Best journeyman nationality to choose?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Best journeyman nationality to choose?

In your experience, what do you think is the best single nationality to choose when wanting to play a journeyman type game?

I'm picking 20 leagues from around the world, starting in Belgium with Genk as a semi-pro footballer, my aim is to roam the globe and win every continental club champions league. These are the options I have narrowed it down to.

I choose my nationality, Romanian, and my second one, Danish, so I do not care how many languages do I speak. Unfortunately it's weird you can't learn new languages, as in FIFA Manager, that would be a valuable asset to the game. How do they expect you to coach a big team in another country if you do not know the language?

Gourcuff20 - you can learn new languages in Football Manager. It takes around 6 months, I believe.

Regardless of where I manage, I always go with my English nationality. After a while, I end up learning the language of my new, adopted country.

I see little advantage to picking a different nationality really. The only thing is that it does seem slightly easier to get jobs in the country of your own nationality. For instance, in my Italian save, I'm often linked with jobs in England but not so much in Italy. This doesn't affect a career to any great extent though as I have still made good progress as an Englishman in Italy.

I choose my nationality, Romanian, and my second one, Danish, so I do not care how many languages do I speak. Unfortunately it's weird you can't learn new languages, as in FIFA Manager, that would be a valuable asset to the game. How do they expect you to coach a big team in another country if you do not know the language?

hire "special 5" as your translator :D

I usually do pick my nationality but I have read many posts on these forums saying certain nationalities will make it much harder to get a job in certain countries. I'm thinking would you ever see an Englishman managing in Brazil? So I started to wonder what the best single nationality for a world career game would be.

you can learn new languages...

languages.png

and as you can see, I always start with Irish first nationality, English second (as that's what I have)

(pic from my Sampdoria save)

Archived