Before every match...

The opposition manager singles out a player of mine saying "X must be stopped" or whatever, and it immediately drops my player's morale down to very poor and he plays terribly for a succession of games. Now this has seriously happened before EVERY SINGLE GAME on patch 11.2. What the hell is going on??

I was getting this on 11.1, the opposition always singled out Torres which affected his morale - but now on 11.2 I am getting different players mentioned each time. Strangely, in one game they singled out Martin Skrtel, wondering how they would stop him; I thought as a defender they would be wondering how to get past him?

I think this feature still needs some work.

for me (peterborough utd) its always ryan bennett getting singled, even after starting a new game with 11.2 its still ryan bennett getting singled out every game which meens that opposing teams see my young CB as more of a threat than grant mccann, mackail-smith, arron mclean and even geoge boyd????

The 11.2 patch seems to have fixed it for me, I rarely have the same player singled out twice in a row. About defenders being singled out, if they score a few times from set pieces the opposition might see them as your main threat, I had it happen as well on one of my saves when one of my backs scored 3 matches in a row from corners.

• SI Staff

Come to think of it, there are different players popping up as being the dangerman since I updated to 11.2 yesterday. Still, I'm not convinced I should be getting it every single match.

I find it quite funny,quite a few times they are targeting a player on my team that at best sits on the bench,a couple of times the player has not played for me at all and is not in the match squad.

What I also find funny is my asst man attends the press conference's for me and is asked how he will stop a certain player,he gives a players name and yet again that player has either not played that season for me or at best is on the bench.

I just find myself hitting continue through this without bothering to read it now,really would anyone miss this if it was taken out of the game and never spoke of again?

Sometimes the target player does not drop morale for me. If it does, if the player played well on the last few matches or in the last match, I just have a private chat with him and tell him he been doing well and the morale goes up a bit or back to the same again. Should not drop so much as it does some times but this has been helping me minimize that.

I don't deny for a second that this is a bug as i've seen plenty of evidence on these forums of this, but i've had 3 different saves in different leagues and never experienced this. Weird.

agreed. It seems a lot of the issues being faced by people in the game are intermittent, some get it, some dont; which probably makes it very difficult for SI isolate. The set pieces issue is a perfect example of that

In my game as Tranmere is every game so far - 10 in, a different player has been picked as the dangerman and on 6 occasions that player has dropped to very poor morale, it doesnt make any sense the players picked either, Sam Morrow hadent played a minutes football for me but was highlighted as the dangerman

The 11.2 patch seems to have fixed it for me, I rarely have the same player singled out twice in a row.

The patch fixed only the focus on one single player. Now, a random player of the squad is targeted, again, for every single match which is an improvement (it's less annoying as it doesn't necessarily destroy the player's morale) but far from being realistic imho.

It has been reported in the bug section, in the same thread of the original bug : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238944-Player-X-must-be-stopped-permanently-destroying-player-morale

Still no feedback from SI ...

Come to think of it, there are different players popping up as being the dangerman since I updated to 11.2 yesterday. Still, I'm not convinced I should be getting it every single match.

Therein lies the problem... it's precisely because it is every single match that people are unhappy with the feature.

I have players who are targeted in this way and it does affect morale - usually negatively but sometimes positively too. I've had it where a player's morale dropped from Superb to Very Good but it had returned to Superb before the match. I've also got a striker that plays a blinder when targeted (pity the AI didn't choose him every game before the patch lol!).

I think the frequency of the 'player x must be stopped' feature needs to be looked at, but I don't think the effect it has on morale is that serious a problem (if the frequency was reduced).

There is a solution to this - comment on your next opponent's dangerman every match to unsettle them. I've just done it with West Brom, and Ishmael Miller now has very poor morale and is worried as to what impact he will have against my team.

It's quite hilarious how poor of a 'feature' this really is. Firstly, why do some players not react positively to this? Surely if those who don't 'handle pressure well' can get their morale destroyed then the opposite should be true for strong personality types? Secondly I can give you a hint - very few professional football players actually read the papers, and even fewer ever give a monkey's what some random wannabe manager has to say about them. And thirdly, will someone please direct me to the last ten real life 'player x must be stopped' articles as I can't really recall too many myself.

• SI Staff
Firstly, why do some players not react positively to this?

They do. Daniel Sturridge is one. He used to be the dangerman every game and his morale always seemed to be high. It never dropped low anyway.

Usually they single out a player who has played well in a previous match, so I just take the opportunity to have a conversation with the player and either praise him for the last match or the his recent form.

That usually gets his morale back up (if it had been adversely affected in the first place)

Usually they single out a player who has played well in a previous match, so I just take the opportunity to have a conversation with the player and either praise him for the last match or the his recent form.

That usually gets his morale back up (if it had been adversely affected in the first place)

Not on my save,they seem to target very random people,I have players that have not played all season,players that play from the bench and twice players that have just returned from injury and there is not a chance in hell they will even make the bench with there 65% condition.

I think SI just need to remove this from the game,it is not adding anything to the game,in fact quite the opposite and to be honest not life like at all,every once in a will a manager will mention an opposing player in a pre-match interview or in the match day program but hardly a weekly thing.

Have you ever seen any player gain a morale boost from that? Not getting a hit doesn't equal positive response' date=' especially if the opposite reaction is morale dropping to 'very poor' from 'superb'.[/quote']

I have a striker called Mickael Nicoise (sp - no umlaut/cedilla sorry :( ) who gets 2 goals and an assist minimum whenever the oppo manager targest him... the commentary says that he "seems to be revelling in the media spotlight" or similar... like I said in my previous post, why couldn't they target him every game before the patch? :p

Archived