Stupid Board

Just completed my first transfer window on 11.2, must say its an improvement but there are still things that dont sit right with me and make the game easy in places where it shouldnt be.

I started my game with no budgets in the first window as Celtic. On the 1st of Nov Celtic gave me ~€5M to play with, I adjust my budget to maximum wages and ask for more transfer money, they agree saying that they trust my judgement in the market despite no budgets for anyone in the first window and I didnt even sign a free agent (I reported this in the bug forum over a month ago and again today). On the 1st Jan they give me a more money to spend, €4M on top of the €5M I already had and the nice bit of space I made on the wage budget. When I asked for a new contract at the start of the transfer window, they were reluctant to offer me a new deal, I stress its importance and they then offered me a deal.

I spent €36M, all contracts negotiated over 42 months, i.e. all payments be completed by the summer of 2014.

I loaded the club up with debts of €8.1M per season until the summer of 2014. Would Celtic really allow that sort of freedom to a manager with a sunday league reputation just 6 months into his first job, who were reluctant to offer me a new contract just before I went on a spending spree with a budget I negotiated for before I asked for a new contract?

I could have done all that spending and refused to sign a contract and left them with €36M worth of players they didnt want.

Its a totally unrealistic scenario

Just completed my first transfer window on 11.2, must say its an improvement but there are still things that dont sit right with me and make the game easy in places where it shouldnt be.

I started my game with no budgets in the first window as Celtic. On the 1st of Nov Celtic gave me ~€5M to play with, I adjust my budget to maximum wages and ask for more transfer money, they agree saying that they trust my judgement in the market despite no budgets for anyone in the first window and I didnt even sign a free agent (I reported this in the bug forum over a month ago and again today). On the 1st Jan they give me a more money to spend, €4M on top of the €5M I already had and the nice bit of space I made on the wage budget. When I asked for a new contract at the start of the transfer window, they were reluctant to offer me a new deal, I stress its importance and they then offered me a deal.

I spent €36M, all contracts negotiated over 42 months, i.e. all payments be completed by the summer of 2014.

I loaded the club up with debts of €8.1M per season until the summer of 2014. Would Celtic really allow that sort of freedom to a manager with a sunday league reputation just 6 months into his first job, who were reluctant to offer me a new contract just before I went on a spending spree with a budget I negotiated for before I asked for a new contract?

I could have done all that spending and refused to sign a contract and left them with €36M worth of players they didnt want.

what there nothing wrong here they gave you money to spend or what you don't think managers ask for money to spend in reallife and get it.

Would Celtic really allow that sort of freedom to a manager with a sunday league reputation just 6 months into his first job, who were reluctant to offer me a new contract just before I went on a spending spree with a budget I negotiated for before I asked for a new contract?

It's totally unrealistic: Celtic would never have a manager with a sunday league reputation. It's a game; and the game is allowing you to play the game, despite the unrealism of a sunday league manager at celtic.

what there nothing wrong here they gave you money to spend or what you don't think managers ask for money to spend in reallife and get it.

Try reading it again, the point seems to be lost on you. What happens at Newcastle isnt NORMAL!!!

It's totally unrealistic: Celtic would never have a manager with a sunday league reputation. It's a game; and the game is allowing you to play the game, despite the unrealism of a sunday league manager at celtic.

My past experience is a sunday league footballer, not a sunday league manager. Nothing to do with coaching badges or anything coaching related

A club should be somewhat restrictive in their first year with a new manager, especially one that had to fight with them to get a new contract. Not even Martin O'Neill would get the equivalent €36M in a transfer window

Who did you say was your favourite club?

The reputation is not relevant as otherwise everyone who chose sunday league would have to play non league football and therefore SI would not sell any games. It is not unlikely for Celtic to spend money badly. Both themselves and Rangers are in serious debt because of it, with the latter being sold. Obviously the board like you, nothing unrealistic in that. Look at Celtic history, who is Tony Mowbray? What has he achieved as a manager? How much did he spend? Was he any good?

Martin O'Neill spent a lot while at Celtic and had complete free reign of team affairs, proof was that soem signings were questioned by the actual fans yet the board simply defended the manager.

Who did you say was your favourite club?

The reputation is not relevant as otherwise everyone who chose sunday league would have to play non league football and therefore SI would not sell any games. It is not unlikely for Celtic to spend money badly. Both themselves and Rangers are in serious debt because of it, with the latter being sold. Obviously the board like you, nothing unrealistic in that. Look at Celtic history, who is Tony Mowbray? What has he achieved as a manager? How much did he spend? Was he any good?

Martin O'Neill spent a lot while at Celtic and had complete free reign of team affairs, proof was that soem signings were questioned by the actual fans yet the board simply defended the manager.

Didnt say it was irrelevant???

Motivating players is my problem, getting players to sign for me is a problem, getting carte blanche to do what I want should be a problem. Being allowed to spend €36M with 5 months of a contract remaining is stupid and I have to laugh at anyone trying to defend that.

Also, Celtic arent in serious debt, they have been running almost debt free for several years now, the ****up that Mowbray turned out to be caused Celtic to increase their debt to €6M to maintain cashflow.

As for Tony Mowbray, he had a good track record in the SPL, EPL & Championship before being offered the Celtic job. Obviously his decision to gut the squad and openly criticise players from Strachan's era was idiotic and eventually cost him his job but thats not important here.

MON has his control written into his contract and threatened to quit if the board tried to take it away from him because of the debt he was racking up. Peter Lawwell wanted that control taken off him when he became CEO but couldnt because contracts would be breached and no manager will ever get full control at Celtic again because of what Martin O'Neill did to the clubs finances. This should be reflected in the game to some degree.

Try reading it again, the point seems to be lost on you. What happens at Newcastle isnt NORMAL!!!

My past experience is a sunday league footballer, not a sunday league manager. Nothing to do with coaching badges or anything coaching related

A club should be somewhat restrictive in their first year with a new manager, especially one that had to fight with them to get a new contract. Not even Martin O'Neill would get the equivalent €36M in a transfer window

whats newcastle got to do with this and i read it they gave you the job and money to spend. your point being they would never give much control to a manager thats never managed but in reallife they allowed lennon to spend money. look if they hired you it means they trust you so of course if they have the money the'd give you more if you needed it. the problem is you put them in debt but your at a job with pressure they thought they would be ok giving you more money.

Archived