didn't know my rep could plummet

so i played 14 years at doncaster, brought them up to the epl, won 4 league titles, 2 champs leagues, 2 FA cups, 4 carling cups,, 2 club world cups, and resigned as "world wide" rep. I vacation for 2 years and return wanting a job in spain. No one will have me, my reputation now says "regional". Even when i declare interest in liga adelante jobs, they're being "laughed off"

Well you were out of the game for 2 years. Football is like that for managers.

That being said, the rep shouldn't plummet so much. I wouldn't have been surprised if it went to National from WC.

Football is not like that. He managed to do great things with a ****** team, he should still have a good reputation. Rijkaard took over Galatasaray one year after leaving Barcelona, and was still touted to take over AC Milan, Ajax, Chelsea and others, though he took a long vacation. There are lots of examples. It's not like that.

Football is not like that. He managed to do great things with a ****** team, he should still have a good reputation. Rijkaard took over Galatasaray one year after leaving Barcelona, and was still touted to take over AC Milan, Ajax, Chelsea and others, though he took a long vacation. There are lots of examples. It's not like that.

Rijkaard is also known because of his playing career not just his managerial career. Could this be a reason for him being able to take the holiday without it making any difference?

It shouldn't be dropping that fast, but you certainly shouldn't be world class after 1 year unemployed. Managers are rewarded and grilled for immediate results. If you're not in the job, then you're perceived as being unwanted by clubs and that means you're no longer the cream of the crop.

It shouldn't be national though cause thats quite low, but low end of continental would be reasonable. They shouldn't forget your name but they can forget your credentials :p

It shouldn't be dropping that fast, but you certainly shouldn't be world class after 1 year unemployed. Managers are rewarded and grilled for immediate results. If you're not in the job, then you're perceived as being unwanted by clubs and that means you're no longer the cream of the crop.

It shouldn't be national though cause thats quite low, but low end of continental would be reasonable. They shouldn't forget your name but they can forget your credentials :p

I don't think that's how it is to be honest. If Mourinho decided to take a year-long vacation, I don't think people would think any less of him. His achievements and abilities wouldn't be diminished, and taking a vacation is vastly different from being 'out of work'.

thats shocking you should have better and guy above me all youve done is strengthem his argument whilst being unhelpful. can anyone else confirm if this has happend to them?

one question though, what patch are you using?

most of it was under the 11.1 patch, and the last couple 'months' before vacationing with the 11.2 patch.

Notice that Rijkaard had a playing career with 2 of the teams you mentioned (AC Milan, Ajax). So he'd be a legend at those clubs and can walk in on any day and get a job, which is rather different from our friend's FM situation...

Some people need to think out their responses.

In my opinion if someone achieves this with Doncaster their reputation should be even higher than achieving it with Man City/Arsenal/Chelsea. If this is what Doncaster did in 14 years then imagine the coverage they'd get from the press. The manager would be known throughout the world. Like someone said, if it dropped slightly while you were out of the game then fair enough but it's almost like doing so much work and then not getting any reward for it.

Honestly believe people must be drunk when they post on here sometimes :)

If a manager won "4 league titles, 2 champs leagues, 2 FA cups, 4 carling cups,, 2 club world cups" at any club, even after three or four years they'd be considered hot property.

Doing it with Doncaster would make you the equivalent of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Vacationing for two years and your rep drops below that of a Blue Square North/South manager?

Obvious bug is obvious :)

I really hope that isn't the case. I just created the Jamaican Premier League and was planning on doing a long career there and hopefully move on to Europe, but if that happened to the OP how likely would it happen to a player managing outside of Europe trying to build a name for themselves?

Archived