Crazy injuries?

Not sure if it's patch 11.2 or just my bad luck but in pre-season + first 2 weeks of the season, Vieira and Kolarov have both sustained multi-month long hip injuries and Tevez and Silva both have BROKEN LEGS! Out for 5-6 months :(. Not to mention the many other week long injuries which leaves my opulent Man City squad struggling to field a good team!

Now this never happened in any of my FM playing career in patch 11.1 but it happens within the first few weeks in patch 11.2.

Am I just unlucky or has anyone else witnessed the same thing?

Can't say I've noticed excessive injuries. It's been pretty normal. In 2 and a half seasons on my current game, I've only had one truly bad injury, which was Olic, who I brought in on a free first season(barce had signed him, then let him go after he scored 21 in 22!), broke his leg, though he'll be back in a few. Torres and Tevez were out for 2-3 months at one stage. Other than that it's only been the fairly minor things, and I've managed with my reasonable sized squad.

Yes MrSlav....but its mixed in my game (hotfix patch).

Into my 7th year now, injuries now worse or better than any other team or any other incarnation of FM...EXCEPT:

In early December of my last season, in the space of 3 weeks I lost players to Hip Injury (3 months), torn calf muscle (4 month), cruciate (4 month), broken foot (4 month), double hernia (3 months), torn hamstring (over 4 months) and a fractured skull (3 months).....all in games....

Now one could argue my trainig is too hard, so they are more susceptable to injuries....but when everything has been normal(ish) for almost 6 years (same training schedule)....seemed odd to me that half my first team would suddenly become like an episode of a Tarantino directed ER.

Amazingly, I managed to scrape through to the end of the season.

Archived