Managers that play 433 now play 451?

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but currently in my game, a lot of the teams that would generally play a 433 such as Barcelona and Valencia will actually play a 451 with the 4 man midfield even at home games despite their managers having the preferred formation of 433.

Just something weird I noticed earlier today. anyone else see anything of the likes? or is it just me so far. I'm going to attempt to fix it when fmrte comes out.

I think of 4-3-3 and 4-5-1 as being interchangable - if you have wingers or inside forwards playing the AML and AMR positions, with a lone striker - which is a favourite formation of mine, it's best described as 4-3-3/4-5-1, depending on whether you're playing an attacking tactic or a defensive one.

The game refers to this setup as 4-5-1, but that's selling it a bit short IMHO.

Yeah I understand that, the issue I've been seeing is that they are playing Messi like a winger, rather than an inside forward at home, which is somewhat weird and confusing for why they would ever give him defensive roles.

451 and 433 are a whole lot different in playing styles in general. I tend to see last years Bolton playing a 451 with wingers who sit deep and burst forward to knock in crosses, whereas 433 uses the AML to put pressure on fullbacks and cut inside and interchange with the striker.

Im mostly wondering if this is ment to be done on purpose or if it is a mini-bug where teams are miss-interpreting the 433 for a 451.

At least they are winning, the only thing that has me worried is that they aren't selecting players that are natual in the AML / AMR that they would generally put in those positions and opt for players that play ML and MR. This means Pedro tends to sit out to Adriano and Villa has no chance of even moving to that side if the game ever decided to retrain him to AML.

and because of this, their transfer targets will tend to be slightly odd.

I guess it's the same wrong interpretation when I play a classic wide 4-2-3-1, and in my manager profile it is shown as a flat 4-4-1!

Definitely annoying to see Messi playing as a wide midfielder and not an inside forward like IRL.

they old flat flat 441 eh? that is strange

i have started playing a 4-3-3 (3 strikers in the centre) and this works more like how barca play shape wise than if i put them as AML & AMR. I have the outside two on support and inside forwards I think works well as they pull out wide as well as work as a front three.

It won't be inside forwards if you are playing with three strikers.

Archived