Feedback on iTunes store

Some of the comments left on iTunes are pathetic tbh. These people who, say the game is too expensive and try and compare it to other iPod games I believe don't know what there talking about. For me it's a class above the rest then these people who have no concept of a football manager complainig they can't win the premier league with Blackpool at first season so they don't give the game a fair rating so the game gets a low rating I just think it's stupid and brings down the name of SI. Rant over.

Thanks for your support.

People have every right not to purchase something that they feel is too expensive but personally I have bought other apps and play them for a bit and get bored quite quickly. I work with Football Manager all day but still want to play the game when I am on my way to work and home because it is very addictive. I'm hoping that those who have bought it will continue to review it positively, which I have faith they will do.

It's pretty heart-braking to see the review for an utterly superb game sitting at 2.5 but I'm convinced if only people who had purchased the app were reviewing it would be considerably higher.

What are you saying? 7 pounds is a lot of money people! what were you thinking when setting the price? It's a bad game!

Only joking, I'm sure it's even better than the psp version, easier to carry and way cheaper.

I don't get why people complain about a game which is 1/3 of the psp price, better and just way too cheap.

I'm getting worried about si going bankrupt now :p

so much work but such a low price :p

I would love some of the people who giv the game such low scores to come on her then justify it, because the people who are giving the low scores are quite obvisoluy ones that dont have a clue about the game and probably havent heard of half the teams inthe premiership. There was on review which said something along the lines of, ' where the ability to play like in fifa manager so that Rushden dont lose any more and Wayne Rooney wont sign for me a rubbish game, just for a shout is Rushden a place or something?' why do these people actually exist!

I have played about an hour or so of FMHi2011 and I am quite surprised at the improvement from last year's version and it is well worth the money in my opinion. The only issue I have is are the league rules correct because I have made 4 loan signings for the season for an English League One club and am told I can't loan any more. I thought the rule was you get 4 loan signings for the season and 4 short term loans for 3 months?

I wanted to give you guys 5 stars as I loved the 2010 version to death! But the 2011 version keeps crashing after the 2nd screen (the one with the trademarks). I am very disappointed right now (and EUR 10 poorer...)

I have posted this in the bugs-sub forum and hope that somebody has a good suggestion as I really love your games (on the handheld and PC... I have the 2011 version for PSP and PC but the iphone one is just so much better suited for everyday use.

Help, please!

• SI Staff

NB> When Dec says 'restart' - you do this by holding down the power button for 2-3 seasons, then a screen indicating 'swipe to power off' should appear - after you swipe the device will power off fully.

This is important because doing this will remove any fragmentation of the devices memory and make it run far smoother (think of an iPhone/iTouch in a similar manner to a windows PC - reboot it every now and then if you want it to remain stable .... especially if you're running iOS4).

• SI Staff
Only people who have purchased it can leave a review - ergo you cannot review a game you have not purchased.

If only that was true - there is unfortunately a bug in the iTunes store which allows people who haven't purchased an item to review it, you can clearly see this is being 'exploited' from some of the comments left in the reviews.

(and no I'm not going to go into details of how it works - tbh the less people who know the better really as this sort of thing can seriously harm potential purchasers view of a product)

You can do it, people were posting saying that they aren't going to be buying this and the price it is at etc.

I gave a 5 star review but with all the 1 star reviews around this looks set to stay at around the 3 star mark, which is very unfortunate.

Just wrote a bit of an essay.

Firstly, let me talk about the price. As an avid FMH player and iPhone user I feel as £6.99 is a balanced price saying not a month ago I forked out £17 for the PSP game which is not even as good as this game.

After reading a few comments about it is the same as 2010 I must say they have not played the game, if you are reading this and are thinking "I have 2010, why should I get this?" well then let me go through a few features for you that are new:

Tactics - Like last year you have the preset formations but now you get player roles such as "Target man" making it easier to get a player to do what you want to do (such as Lampard run box to box).

2D Pitch upgrades - Stadiums now change in the 2D view depending on capacity with also an option to upgrade your stadium.

New options (players) - Ability to retrain players to positions.

New options (clubs) - Stadium and training facility.

Multi leagues - Switch between up to 4 nations (e.g. go from Man Utd to Barca).

Much more - Such as Twitter connect and new unlockables as well as latest transfers.

Now as you can see the game has improved quite a bit compared to 2010 to make the game a lot more rounded and realistic while keeping it in tune of "pick up and play" so if you play FM this is NOT going to be near it however, it is great in its own way and worth the money as for £7 you have 4 save slots which can do 30 seasons, meaning at least 300 hours game time or more if you want to overwrite old saves.

Overall it is worth the price it is and a great game for any football fan who spend a lot of time on trains, buses etc... or like me no patience for the PC version.

Archived