Unrealistic / Incorrect Transfer Budget?

Hi,

First I would like to congratulate Marc on his awesome work on FMHi 2011! :D

But there is one problem, with Arsenal, you begin with a transfer budget of £13.75M, which in my opinion, is far too low.

I would understand if it was because existing signings were taken into account, although they only amount to £12.25M this season.

Considering that it was a fact that Arsene Wenger was given a transfer budget of around £45M this season, £45M - £12.25M still wouldn't amount to £13.75M.

Sorry if I seem a bit annoying, but I feel that the budget allocated is too low. Would anyone agree?

Only thing I've done at Arsenal is replace Almunia, will sign a winger or 2 to replace Arshavin/Rosicky but I'll leave that til next season or get them on frees.

Obviously it's nice to be have a bit more leeway in the transfer market but at Arsenal I really don't think it'll cripple anyone.

Try selling a few players - I think Bendtner's way overvalued so I would cash in on him if I didn't use him as a back-up striker. Same with Diaby who I don't really have the need for.

I'm an Arsenal fan and I think that it's a fair figure to be honest.

If you like (and are feeling brave) you can always change the season expectations to winners and be given slightly more money. The main advantage to doing that is that your wage budget will increase and you can then adjust your budget to about £24M as Arsenal with some wage budget to spare (or £28M with a tighter wage budget.) Of course, going down that route it's always going to be harder to keep the board happy.

Archived