DC - Central Def

Outer MCs - Adv. Playmaker

Inner MC - Deep Lying Mid

Outer SCs - Advanced Fwd

Inner SC - Target Man

What this formation needs:

DL/DR - Attacking

DCs - Strong

Outer MCs - Good stamina, passing and teamwork (AM R/L C preferred)

Inner MC - A strong DMC

Outer SCs - High pace, good teamwork

Inner SC - Strong with shooting

Currently 3 games unbeaten in the Premier League but it is based off last years so should be successful. My results are Liverpool 1-4 Chelsea, Chelsea 4-0 Birmingham, West Ham United 1-2 Chelsea as you can see I am Chelsea but Drogba has got injured and Sturridge in the centre has had 3 goals in 2 games so early promise.

I was going to say Song. You will find there will be 3 players in the box most of the time with the outer two dropping back to the bye-line to recover the ball while the outer MCs come forward to assist and score (Malouda has scored a few).

As Arsenal I would say your midfield/attack should look like this:

Fabregas - Song - Nasri

Arshavin - Chamkh - Van Persie.

Player tactical roles:

GK - Goalkeeper

DL,DR - Wing Back

DC - Central Def

Outer MCs - Adv. Playmaker

Inner MC - Deep Lying Mid

Outer SCs - Advanced Fwd

Inner SC - Target Man

:(I wish they could of added player roles in to the PSP version, guess thats another thing that SI can't add because of memory :rolleyes:

al2e86.jpg

Is that the tactic screen or have you made it? don't like the look of it either way :D

• SI Staff

Both this and Mr. Bugels tactics are probably effective BUT because they're somewhat imbalanced and have some big potential flaws they won't work for every team and will likely be suspect to defeat against specific types of styles.

Because both are based around a 4-3-3 tactic unless the midfielders are VERY hardworking you'll probably be losing a lot of space on the wings, this is doubly so in Dec's tactic - meaning if you're up against a side playing with half-decent wingers and a tall front man you might struggle for instance ..... as such I'd say keep an eye out for games you lose and try and work out why they happen, they in future you can adapt to try and nullify the weakpoints or simply move to a different tactic/style against specific teams.

• SI Staff
I have tried to somewhat balance it by playing wing backs to push the wingers back and also AM LC and AM RC in the middle MCs so they move across naturally to the flank.

Good thinking with the midfielders, my concern with the wingbacks is that you're playing a pressing tactic which is 'great' and all - but it will encourage them to get close to the opposition wingers ... meaning if they're skinned you're left open ...

I have tried changing passing to direct on the games I was losing and it worked I won everyone of them. I have played 25 and won them all and scored 95 and let 15. Pretty good tactic so far, think there is still some room for tweaking though.

What I said above definitely works I was playing my full strength team against vit. Guimarãre in the Portugal cup 3rd round and lost 5-0. I then played it again changing passing to direct and won 7-1 with all my second choice 11

I tried it for every match and it didn't work, but if a game came along and I get beaten heavily then I did it again with direct on and then I would always win big. Still not sure how to spot the teams style that this happens with, but so far it's never Been a big team that's beat me always a small one.

I have put it on every match and it seems to have worked.

Currently with Chelsea P 12 W 9 D 3. Bare in mind I have drawn against Man Utd and Arsenal away and Man City at home.

Obviously we need to decide which is the best to use alll the time as this is going to be a plug in and play tactic.

Just a note, I have changed the passing to Direct as out of 32 Premier League games (and a League Cup win) I have drawn 5 and won the rest and the only loss all season since the change has been to Stoke in the League Cup Semi Final first leg with my reserves but I won 2-0 in the return leg after Stoke beat Manchester United 2-0 away.

i'm having some of my best results with this tactic as in pictures below and on the FMHi 2011 tactics thread, but it doesnt always work i tried it with barca, real madrid and a hand full of others and it didnt work.

2nkm5c5.jpg

y2k5y.jpg

Yes, my CB's is shoddy (No wonder i'm cardiff):

Marshall

Matthews Hudson Gyepes Mcnaughton

Blake Olifinjana Whittingham

Chopra Bothroyd Bellamy

I should be walking the league but i'm not it's frustrating i've tried other tactics and none seem to work for me.

Had massive success on FMi2010 though

This has worked LIKE A CHARM at Barcelona.

Won Liga BBVA (by 1 point lol) as well as every other competition I played. I was 7th in Manager Rankings after 1 season!

My strikers records in the first season

P G A

Bojan - 39 18 7

David Villa - 57 34 11

Messi - 44 27 10

Lukaku - 28 12 5

Ibrahimovic - 18 11 2

Also, Xavi who I played as one of the APMs - P:60 G:13 A:24... 24 assists!

Striker records so far this season:

Messi: 19 17 5

Ibrahimovic - 19 16 8

Bojan - 21 10 5

David Villa - 20 16 3

Lukaku - 7 1 0 :(

Now I know you could argue that Barcelona have the talent to make that possible anyway but I'm just blown away with how far beyond this has taken me. Bojan is now the best striker at my squad and valued at £40.5mil, most expensive striker in the world. God bless you Dec!

Going to try this with city first season I'm in december sitting in 5th after 16 games

My team would probably be

Hart

Richards Lugano Toure Kolarov

Milner Yaya Toure Jovetic

Balotelli Adebayor Tevez

I'll report back after a few games

Villa 3-3 City

City 5-0 Napoli

City 1-2 Arsenal

Fulham 1-2 City

City 2-0 Bolton

Chelsea 2-2 City

City 4-0 Wolves

City 0-4 Arsenal

Birmingham 2-1 City

City 2-2 Liverpool

Won 4 Drew 3 Lost 3 GF 22 GA 16 GD +6

EDIT: finished that season in 5th reaching the final of the euro cup getting beat 2-1 by sevilla

now 2nd season im 5th after 28 games and already won the league cup and i'm still in the other cups, edin dzeko is a beast in the middle striker he has over 50 goals in about 40 apps

• 3 weeks later...

This formation has worked wonders for me. I've used it on Dordrecht and I won the Eresdivisie 3 seasons (5th season in total) after changing to this tactic in my first ever game of iFMH.

Season 1 Eerste divisie 13th Dordrecht 54-70 41

Season 2 Eerste divisie 7th Dordrecht 64-54 52

Then I changed to Dec's 433.

Season 3 Eerste divisie 1st Dordrecht 119-59 77 Promotion

Season 4 Eredivisie 10th Dordrecht 75-69 46

Season 5 Eredivisie 1st Dordrecht 98-63 63 Champion

I haven't played managergames since the 90's so I'm hardly an expert and I give absolutely no attention to training. All my best players came on free transfer. Hence no question that the formation has worked well.

• 2 months later...

decided to try out this tactic after getting bored with the 4-4-2 with my Real Madrid. This team should win every game anyway but in the first game I won 4-0 against second place Atletico in the local derby so it is looking so far like a very good tactic for strong teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Went with this after starting playimg the game again. Got into the premiership with cardiff using a 4-1-3-2 and felt optimistic having berbatov, rooney, and a host of superb players all signed.

After 14 games, not good. Won 4 draw 4 lost 6.

Followed decs formation to the letter but even with more shots etc every game, they just couldnt step up to the challenge.

Best results so far coming with a tactic based on the famous 3-4-3 formation that was unbeatable in an early version of cm on the pc but far from ideal.

• 2 years later...

I play CM-BWM-CM in midfield and the rest is the same. I hadn't seen this thread/tactic and was about to make one, but ... there's really no point doing that now, as "my" tactic is so similar to this one. It works really well though. I can imagine the APM's will work too.

Archived