Ifk / dfk

The lack of Direct Free Kick Goals (where a shot is taken on goal) is a known flaw with the game. Paul C has said it can't be improved until there's new ball physics, in another version.

Here's a thread about it.

Yes that's what they've said...

The real question though, is why is it a problem in FM11 when I don't remember any issue like this in FM10? What changed that suddenly they can't have a more balanced situation until there is better physics?

I noticed a thread in the bug forums about DFK wall setups being out of position as well in 11.2.1. Interesting that that comes about when people are complaining about not enough DFK's being scored and specifically when most DFK would go straight off the wall.

Crack all the jokes you like.. the point is they seem to have over compensated, not just with free kicks but many areas of the ME in 11.2.1

They need to learn to make smaller changes in their balancing efforts.

Honestly they need to roll back to 10.3 and try again, because nothing in 11 has been anywhere near there, and while 10.3 had it's problems I think they were much fewer then we've seen since.

It is odd that in umpteen years, SI has been using a definition of 'Indirect Free kick' that is different to the rest of the footballing universe.

And yes, DFK's are well screwed-up in FM11. Last season in my division the team at the top of the table for DFKs scored 2. Out of 180 goals in all competitions my team scored, 0 were DFKs and 10 were from corners. Sigh.

I haven't patched to 11.2 because the problems I've been experiencing haven't been fixed, and extra more serious issues seem to have arisen. Fortunately I'm enjoying my save on 11.1 enough, otherwise I'd give up until FM12.

It is odd that in umpteen years, SI has been using a definition of 'Indirect Free kick' that is different to the rest of the footballing universe...

Why is that so strange? They invented their own stat - the CCC. After all, what we're seeing on our screens isn't a movie of a football game, it's a movie of something SI has created that bears a resemblance to football. So why can't they have their own definitions and stats?

Oh, yeah. What's that thing they keep saying they strive for? Re...real...ah, heck. I can't be bothered. My wonderkid DC just got upset I signed a DRC to replace the vice-captian DR my board just sold...

Archived