How many goals from corners would you say was cheating

I mean, I've got Simon Kjaer scoring a corner at a rate of better that 1 every two games, he's got 10 in 17 starts and 1 sub appearance. I don't think anyone normally scores at that rate, and I don't really want to be taking advantage of a glitch in the game. I'm using a corner tactic I came up with myself, I've not tried to find a corner cheat, don't even know if there's one for FM11.

My corner takers are Coentrao and Merieles, if that helps.

I mean, I've got Simon Kjaer scoring a corner at a rate of better that 1 every two games, he's got 10 in 17 starts and 1 sub appearance. I don't think anyone normally scores at that rate, and I don't really want to be taking advantage of a glitch in the game. I'm using a corner tactic I came up with myself, I've not tried to find a corner cheat, don't even know if there's one for FM11.

My corner takers are Coentrao and Merieles, if that helps.

Look at the league stat for "Goals from Corners"

If you are significantly ahead of the rest of the league I would concerned.

In the league, I've scored 11. The closest rival has got 4.

Personally I would have a concern about that.

Of those eleven though, ten are from the same player - Are they the same type of goals?

I would perhaps look to switch him round to see if another player has similar results - It might just be that Kjaer's attributes are too good for corners as opposed to the routine being an issue.

I would not consider that as cheating on my current save I finished the season with 12 goals from corners one behind Arsenal and level with Man United. Of course if you are only a few months into the season then there maybe a slight exploit.

Personally I would have a concern about that.

Of those eleven though, ten are from the same player - Are they the same type of goals?

I would perhaps look to switch him round to see if another player has similar results - It might just be that Kjaer's attributes are too good for corners as opposed to the routine being an issue.

They're the same type. Ball into the far post, Kjaer beats the guy in the air half the time then about 1/5 of the time he heads it in. Last season in the same role, Danny Wilson got 10 all season, I'm at the end of November. Kjaer has been amazing all game, had two seasons rating over 8 before I brought him to the club. He could just be overpowered.

what's you corner set-up? I could do with scoring a few more...

lol :D

Corners aimed at the far post.

RB - Stay Back

LB - (Corner Taker)

CB - Attack Far Post(Kjaer)

CB - Attack Near Post

CM - Forward

CM - Stay Back if Needed

AM - Attack from Deep

LW - Forward

RW - Lurk Outside Area

ST - Forward

Far post headers, yeah I had the same. Gerard Pique scored 13 goals in 1 season for me :)

Oh, and I had the aim of the corners to "mixed" so he probably would have gotten over 20 if I aimed it at him every time

I felt kind of like I cheated, but it was my own corner tactic tried to be realistic

Noticed that since updating to 11.2 my CB is scoring nearly a goal every other game, i think he's something like 6 in 11 and is currently my top scorer. Mine is on the default corener set up.

Also he is the weaker of the 2 CBs, Heading 12, Jumping 12, Strngth 12. Id hate to think how many goals my other CB (Most his main 'corner' stats are 16/17) would score.

Corners aimed at the far post.

RB - Stay Back

LB - (Corner Taker)

CB - Attack Far Post(Kjaer)

CB - Attack Near Post

CM - Forward

CM - Stay Back if Needed

AM - Attack from Deep

LW - Forward

RW - Lurk Outside Area

ST - Forward

cheers chalky... must say that it isn't a whole lot different from my own :/

I dunno why you're scoring so many more than me, unless as someone else said it's because I have the aim set to 'mixed' and not to 'far post'?

How is it cheating unless you've modified game code? Dude's just good at corners.

In last years game there was a corner tactic that with the right player could guarantee 2-3 goals a game from corners. It was taking advantage of a weakness in the ME, it wasn't realistic. While no game code was modified, it was an exploit and rightly considered by most to be cheating.

They're the same type. Ball into the far post, Kjaer beats the guy in the air half the time then about 1/5 of the time he heads it in. Last season in the same role, Danny Wilson got 10 all season, I'm at the end of November. Kjaer has been amazing all game, had two seasons rating over 8 before I brought him to the club. He could just be overpowered.

Corner taker aiming for the far post, with a player who's very strong aerially set to attack the far post does seem to be one of the more productive approaches to take. Does still depend a great deal on both the quality of the corner taker and of the player attacking the far post though.

In your case, you simply seem to have exceptionally talented players in both aspects. The taker and the man attacking the far post.

Personally, I wouldn't see this as particularly exploitative at this stage, though in my own games I do tend to get more goals per corner from a similar setup.

I would consider it cheating as it would seem to exploit a weakness in the game code.
In last years game there was a corner tactic that with the right player could guarantee 2-3 goals a game from corners. It was taking advantage of a weakness in the ME, it wasn't realistic. While no game code was modified, it was an exploit and rightly considered by most to be cheating.

Ok, was this acknowledged by the dev team? Addressed with the patch?

I do see your points. But if the devs come back and say there's nothing wrong with the code, then what are you going to do?

I'm not saying I go and exploit this, because to be honest I have yet to touch free kick/corner tactics. I'm just playing devil's advocate :)

Ok, was this acknowledged by the dev team? Addressed with the patch?

I do see your points. But if the devs come back and say there's nothing wrong with the code, then what are you going to do?

I'm not saying I go and exploit this, because to be honest I have yet to touch free kick/corner tactics. I'm just playing devil's advocate :)

Well basically its been acknowledged in the past that corner routines are a particular problem from a development point of view and certain combinations of orders/players can result in a higher level of success than most users would deem realistic.

Personally what I do is not use a routine that produces an unrealistic amount of goals - Its not always ideal but there are always changes you can make to the orders.

Pretty simple really. Leave the corner setup on default and just rely on the ability of your corner taker and headers to determine if you score enough. If you have good players in both spots, you will be aroudn the league leader.

I personally don't mind scoring a few goals on corners, but prefer to score in open play, so I leave it on default.

Almost every aspect of the game can be exploited to the nth degree if you want.

aim for the far post and bingo, u will get goals. that said i just got 17 in a 38 game season aiming for the near post

Like I said earlier, it's relative to the quality of the corner taker (his accuracy), plus that of the player on the receiving end.

I think that's what I do like about the new system we have. You can look for particular set-play routines that suit your players. Previously, you could get away with exploiting singular flaws in the ME, irrespective of the quality of the players for the most part. Now, you have to work a bat more to find the right combinations for your own players. ;)

Far post headers seems the easiest one to notice, because most teams have at least one big centre-back, who can get up and aim a header. Using it repeatedly will seem like he's getting a good chance, even if he doesn't ultimately score.

What I would say is experiment a little. Look at your players and try different things. You may indeed find a combination of instructions that is very effective for your team. That doesn't mean it's a sure-fire winner for someone else though.

Archived