Can't get a win over minor teams.

I really need help with this, I can't pick up wins when I play weak teams. So far I beat Chelsea 2-0 and Manchester City 1-0. But I got disappointing draws against teams like Wigan, Newcastle, and Blackburn.

A solution to this problem would be highly appreciated.

Changing the tactics? in which regard?

You haven't said but I presume you are playing as a top half team - Man Utd? Arsenal? Liverpool? maybe even Spurs or Aston Villa.

We could give better advice if we saw your tactic but in general I'm betting its a quick, direct one with lots of players getting forward and having lots of shots. As I've just said in another thread against teams that think they are your equal or better and come out and attack you do fairly well but you have problems against teams that recognise your threat keeping men behind the ball before counter attacking.

In those games you need to work possession more to drag the defence out of position. This is done by balancing the amount of players on defensive, support, attacking orders as well as lowering mentality and alterations to the passing and width orders.

You haven't said but I presume you are playing as a top half team - Man Utd? Arsenal? Liverpool? maybe even Spurs or Aston Villa.

We could give better advice if we saw your tactic but in general I'm betting its a quick, direct one with lots of players getting forward and having lots of shots. As I've just said in another thread against teams that think they are your equal or better and come out and attack you do fairly well but you have problems against teams that recognise your threat keeping men behind the ball before counter attacking.

In those games you need to work possession more to drag the defence out of position. This is done by balancing the amount of players on defensive, support, attacking orders as well as lowering mentality and alterations to the passing and width orders.

You are right, I play with Man Utd, and you are right about my formation. Thanks a lot for the help, really appreciate it. Think I solved my problem.

Archived