si or sega sort it out

am getting really fed up with this couldnt play game when come out cos of bugs now cant even play it now 2 many silly problems si number 1 it wont install

number 2 on my laptop i cant see anything on my formations screen what a joke an waste of cash an before anyone says its my pc its not everythinks up 2 date an every other game plays fine

am getting really fed up with this couldnt play game when come out cos of bugs now cant even play it now 2 many silly problems si number 1 it wont install

number 2 on my laptop i cant see anything on my formations screen what a joke an waste of cash an before anyone says its my pc its not everythinks up 2 date an every other game plays fine

If you could give abit more detail on your problems lol you mite get some help as its still not forced to be game it could be your system despite other things working ok

its from the disk mate ive tryed to install it both ways aswell 1 with havin to keep disk in for ever or with steam as same on both

First of all, try using proper punctuation and grammar, people might be more willing to help! Your posts are very difficult to read.

Second, as it seems you are suggesting that you have tried to install both via CD and Steam and neither worked. That suggests to me that, in fact, the problem is with your computer. Perhaps, if you install from the disc, then, right-click on the icon (don't let it autorun), and click on "run as administrator" and then see if the install works.

If that fails, then I would suggest, updating your graphic card drivers, as I think this may be a potential source of the issue. Also a look at this post might be helpful http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066648&viewfull=1#post6066648

thanks for the link as said earlier all my drivers are up to date and i have also tryed to run it as administrator will have a look at the link see if there anything to help me there thanks again

Not a problem lfc, hope you get it sorted.

Reading again, it seems you were able to install successfully before, perhaps one of the patches has corrupted and you need to delete all the files, including the the files mentioned in the link I gave you. Also make sure you back up any save files, then delete the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive folders.

Best of luck.

Best thing to to do is to repeat the process of uninstall and re-install then proceed writing down/screen shot every activity you do and the response so that improved understanding is achieved on here and someone can help you

Best thing to to do is to repeat the process of uninstall and re-install then proceed writing down/screen shot every activity you do and the response so that improved understanding is achieved on here and someone can help you
the game dosnt install mate it just gets stuck on the installing part saying data i have cleared the cache an removed everything to do with the game thats all i have done mate

Is this on the pre-match analysis screen or always?

Are you running any custom facepacks/logos or skins? Let me know, thanks.

its when the games installing neil it gets to the part were it starts installing data an just stops an no ive got no facepacks or anything have sent a message to sega just waiting for a answer back

• Administrators

With your install stopping on data, this could be a windows issue where the screen is not updating but it is actually installing in the background. Try waiting a while and see if the install completes. If you have left it for a prolonged period of time however and nothing has happened then I recommened doing the below.

I'd suggest removing all traces of FM from your machine (make sure you back up any save games/tactics etc first) then reinstalling.

If via disc make sure your disc is clean

You can also try via Steam again by following the instructions here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066635&viewfull=1#post6066635

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

I've had other games/applications hang on install for the following reasons (all PC related, just some ideas):

- Heat. Is your CPU running cool and/or heating up to a point during install where it's too hot and hangs the machine? Easy to download an app to monitor this and simply rule it out

- Power. How is your PSU doing? How old is it/what brand/what wattage? Might want to list your entire CPU specs here just so we all know what we're dealing with

- Memory. Run memtest for 24 hours to make sure your memory doesn't have any bad sectors. Any bad sectors may be causing it to hang.

- While we're on it, might as well run a diskchk on your HDD just to be sure.

- Do you have an overclock on your CPU? If so, what is it? Have you tested it's stability?

ALL of these can cause what you are descirbing. Just because it doesn't happen for any other games/apps doesn't mean these things can't be an issue. Your symptoms do point to something possibly being wrong with the machine. It might not be hardware related, true, but checking the above off the list will help narrow down the issue. If it's not harware related, I bet it's a windows problem more than anything. But if you can go through the steps methodically as suggested above, and check those things off, it will certainly narrow things down.

I will subscribe to this thread and check in from time to time, hopefully you can scratch some of my suggestions off the list :) Good luck!

With your install stopping on data, this could be a windows issue where the screen is not updating but it is actually installing in the background. Try waiting a while and see if the install completes. If you have left it for a prolonged period of time however and nothing has happened then I recommened doing the below.

I'd suggest removing all traces of FM from your machine (make sure you back up any save games/tactics etc first) then reinstalling.

If via disc make sure your disc is clean

You can also try via Steam again by following the instructions here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066635&viewfull=1#post6066635

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

hi neil i have removed all parts of the game also the old games i have left it to install the data part for about 3 hors and it just does not move, the disk is also clean as that was the first thing i tryed and i have also tryed installing the games with and without steam

I've had other games/applications hang on install for the following reasons (all PC related, just some ideas):

- Heat. Is your CPU running cool and/or heating up to a point during install where it's too hot and hangs the machine? Easy to download an app to monitor this and simply rule it out

- Power. How is your PSU doing? How old is it/what brand/what wattage? Might want to list your entire CPU specs here just so we all know what we're dealing with

- Memory. Run memtest for 24 hours to make sure your memory doesn't have any bad sectors. Any bad sectors may be causing it to hang.

- While we're on it, might as well run a diskchk on your HDD just to be sure.

- Do you have an overclock on your CPU? If so, what is it? Have you tested it's stability?

ALL of these can cause what you are descirbing. Just because it doesn't happen for any other games/apps doesn't mean these things can't be an issue. Your symptoms do point to something possibly being wrong with the machine. It might not be hardware related, true, but checking the above off the list will help narrow down the issue. If it's not harware related, I bet it's a windows problem more than anything. But if you can go through the steps methodically as suggested above, and check those things off, it will certainly narrow things down.

I will subscribe to this thread and check in from time to time, hopefully you can scratch some of my suggestions off the list :) Good luck!

thanks for the help mate i am going to format the pc later on to see if this sorts the problem as alot of people are thinking its something to do with windows will let everyone know how i get on later

just a quick thank you too everyone that tries to help me just to let you all know i have got the game working now it was a problem with java i dont think it was updating propley and happy xmas to all

YAY - Excellent news mate -

Archived